Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Notorious BIG In Your Personal Top 5?

Is Biggie In Your Personal Top 5?

• Yes

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
I look at the GOAT, as in... In their absolute prime... How good were they? How perfect we they are their absolute height. I rate my favorites by how much I enjoyed certain tracks the very first time I heard them and the test of time of hearing them 10,20,30 years later...

I don't take entire careers into consideration

For Big it was notorious thugs. I remember when the album came out,I was still in high school. The rivalry between Big and Pac to high schoolers was a big deal.
. And when that album came out, post mortem..it was a big deal.... But it was something about that track ..the way he switched his flow to match the energy of bone thugs... It was just other worldly to me...I just realized his talent level was way above every body else's.

Him dying early deprived the world of significant music.

Jay was very close cuz he definitely evolved as an artist in a way I would have loved to see big and Pac evolve... But as it stood I still think big was the greatest.

Nas the most overrated rapper of all time
giphy.gif

I look at the GOAT, as in... In their absolute prime... How good were they? How perfect we they are their absolute height. I rate my favorites by how much I enjoyed certain tracks the very first time I heard them and the test of time of hearing them 10,20,30 years later...

I don't take entire careers into consideration

Mind you we most likely never heard BIG reach his peak.

You could hear definitive growth from Ready to Die to Life After Death with rhyme scheme, cadence, breath control, lyrical flair and story telling, etc

But bro still had another level he could've went to still

G Rap
Nas
Ghost
KRS
Big/Rakim

Big top 3 storyteller, street shyt, shyt for clubs, ladies...Top notch emceeing. Brought heat on party tracks, features all that shyt. Made a group of cats that didnt even rap sound legit...Wrote Lil Kim shyt and some of Diddy shyt....Rap was too easy for dude.

After giving it some thought, BIG just misses the cut at #6.

In 2024 I got:

15. Rakim
14. Drake
13. Kanye
12. LL
11. Snoop
10. T.I
9. 50
8. DMX
7. Andre 3000
6. BIG
5. Nas
4. Kendrick
3. Wayne
2. Hov
1. Pac

After giving it some thought, BIG just misses the cut at #6.

In 2024 I got:

15. Rakim
14. Drake
13. Kanye
12. LL
11. Snoop
10. T.I
9. 50
8. DMX
7. Andre 3000
6. BIG
5. Nas