Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Is Matriarchy Being Pushed In The Black Community?

test
Not like we don't have a bunch of deadbeat dudes out here choosing to opt out of being a father and who happily accept the title of baby daddy. It should be expected that women would take a larger role in society when there's so many dudes deciding to shirk responsibility. Even if it's not a majority or anything close to a large minority, all it takes is enough to start the narrative and off to the races we go.

I could never, ever, in a million years see myself being a side character in my child's life. Too many people have sidestepped growing the fuck up, I honestly think there is a problem with maturity in American society.

In a household with both the mother and father are present, do you subscribe to patriarchy, matriarchy or 50/50?

I long for the days of the old black patriarchy when PawPaw's word was law and he lorded over his family with an iron fist.

Those were the good old days, but I was being facetious for the most part.

Basically dispelling the "black patriarchy" myth that some feminists try to push.
true....there was never a black patriarchy

but black men have been declining in credibility with each generation

we had ancestors who were serious about everything cuz they understood the impact of racism

now my generation is resting on their ancestors' laurels...........this is why black women don't take us seriously 🙁

Encouraged them pushed.
Govt requiring men to not be in a home for room and board and a check. Instead of playing the system …the system was embraced and weaponized.

Women and men are both to blame. Yet we can’t be but so mad if the child is left with the mother.

Miss me with the nurturing shit cuz we see where we are. A lot of these crime committed by non nurtured ass niggas who rather be someone’s lil homie or OG and not what a man truly is.

we had ancestors who were serious about everything cuz they understood the impact of racism

now my generation is resting on their ancestors' laurels...........this is why black women don't take us seriously 🙁
Again, we are not taken seriously because of partially our fault and theirs.

We need to ask the right questions to get clarity on if people even realistically know what a man is and does.

James had it hard
Raising them kids in the gang infested projects…..Thelma wasn’t a thot and jj only got shot once….

He did good
agreed but James made it hard on himself tho

why u got 3 kids when u know u can barely afford the 1st one

even had nerve to not want Florida to work cuz he was old school

but he impregnating her while the best he could do is have them living in the projects.............Cabrini Green at that:scust:

Who's responsible for that decline though?

Or, rather, the perception of a decline?

Just found out recently that it's a false narrative for the most part.

The CDC confirmed that black fathers are the most active in their children's lives across all races:

Back