Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Ice Cube A Top 5 Storyteller?

Is Ice Cube A Top 5 Storyteller?

• Total voters
I'm trying to get through these "stories" yall posting but most are either trash or not a real story.

Let me rephrase the question. Can one of yall post a story that's better than Nas - Undying Love?

True To The Game and Who's The Mack are dope songs, but are those really a story?

Are we counting songs that describes a type of person as a story? Is Pac's "Wonder why they call u bitch" a story?

Is Jay'z "Sisters and Bitches" a story?

True To The Game and Who's The Mack are dope songs, but are those really a story?

Are we counting songs that describes a type of person as a story? Is Pac's "Wonder why they call u bitch" a story?

Is Jay'z "Sisters and Bitches" a story?

I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying about Cube, but I do agree some people have a hard time telling what is a story and what isn't. I remember on the IC we had a discussion about the best storytellers and people were claiming Pac was. The problem was that half the songs they were using as proof weren't really stories.

I'm a Pac stan but I agree, I wouldn't put Pac in the top 5 storytellers list. Brenda's Got A Baby is one of the greatest storytelling songs of alltime, but he doesn't have enough of em to be top 5.

Just listened to Ghetto Vet...... it was cool. He got shot and ended up in a wheel chair. We don't know the backstory, who were the dudes? No other characters lol Cmon yall.

A real story has characters, a plot, a beginning, middle and end.

Yall know god damn well these Cube songs ain't real stories.

THIS is a story

I disagree fam. A story can be told multiple ways. This was a first person scenario telling how he (typical banger)went from being one of the top street soldiers literally living and dying for his hood ,and the repercussions he went through. Was it multilayered Scorcese story telling nah. Could you picture everything he said yeah. NAS undying love plot was a dude coming home catching his girl cheating and murking himself the dude and the girl. I could argue that's basic storytelling. Just a matter of what you relate to more imo

I disagree fam. A story can be told multiple ways. This was a first person scenario telling how he (typical banger)went from being one of the top street soldiers literally living and dying for his hood ,and the repercussions he went through. Was it multilayered Scorcese story telling nah. Could you picture everything he said yeah. NAS undying love plot was a dude coming home catching his girl cheating and murking himself the dude and the girl. I could argue that's basic storytelling. Just a matter of what you relate to more imo

So youre gonna honestly say you can't tell the difference in levels between ghetto vet and undying love?

That wasnt the debate though. You simplified it as " he got shot ended up in a wheelchair " making it seem as though a story wasnt being told .I could say the same for undying love .Dude came home caught his girl cheating and pulled an oj . The point is a story doesn't have to be the Godfather to draw you an entertaining story

Back