Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Ethiopia Headed for Civil War?

Ya'll kill me on this site. Ya'll really got to stop with this whole "you don't agree with the majority so you're being a contrarian" shit.

Ya'll kill me on this site. Ya'll really got to stop with this whole "you don't agree with the majority so you're being a contrarian" shit.
con·trar·i·an
/kənˈtre(ə)rēən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion, especially in stock exchange dealing.
"it has become fashionable to be a stock-market contrarian"

adjective
opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.
"the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

You sir have stumbled upon the exact definition.

con·trar·i·an
/kənˈtre(ə)rēən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion, especially in stock exchange dealing.
"it has become fashionable to be a stock-market contrarian"

adjective
opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.
"the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

You sir have stumbled upon the exact definition.

That's the definition. However, the context in which its most used is that people are purposely making a point of going against the majority (i.e. as what happens with stock exchange dealing). That's not always the case on here though. Everyone who expresses alternative opinions isn't doing it for the purpose of being a contrarian.

That's the definition. However, the context in which its most used is that people are purposely making a point of going against the majority (i.e. as what happens with stock exchange dealing). That's not always the case on here though. Everyone who expresses alternative opinions isn't doing it for the purpose of being a contrarian.
Regardless of intent, they are contrarians.

Regardless of intent, they are contrarians.

Again, the issue isn't people being called contrarians. The issue is what is being implied by calling people contrarian. Most people on here don't just say something like "Hey, you expressed a contrarian viewpoint" and leave it at that. They most often take that next step and say that people are being contrarian just to be disruptive. That's what I'm saying is silly.

Again, the issue isn't people being called contrarians. The issue is what is being implied by calling people contrarian. Most people on here don't just say something like "Hey, you expressed a contrarian viewpoint" and leave it at that. They most often take that next step and say that people are being contrarian just to be disruptive. That's what I'm saying is silly.
You have assumed and speculated all of that. You, from the other side of the monitor cannot discern my intent unless I explicitly say it.

If you go against the grain regardless of intent you are a constrain. It is what it is. Rather that is habitual or not, is up to you

So it’s widely know they are the most beautiful folks in the world? That’s what you saying?
Yes, Ethiopia is known for it beauty.

So it’s widely know they are the most beautiful folks in the world? That’s what you saying?

I wouldn't say they are acknowledged to be the most beautiful folks in the world, but they are widely seen as beautiful especially among black people. I'd venture to say that it's largely venture to say its because them and other East Africans have less of the typical Negroid type features.

You have assumed and speculated all of that. You, from the other side of the monitor cannot discern my intent unless I explicitly say it.

If you go against the grain regardless of intent you are a constrain. It is what it is. Rather that is habitual or not, is up to you

Fair enough, I wasn't aiming that comment specifically at you though. I just see that term thrown around a lot and happened to make a more general comment in response to a statement you made, which admittedly isn't always a great thing to do.

I wouldn't say they are acknowledged to be the most beautiful folks in the world, but they are widely seen as beautiful especially among black people. I'd venture to say that it's largely venture to say its because them and other East Africans have less of the typical Negroid type features.

Fair enough, I wasn't aiming that comment specifically at you though. I just see that term thrown around a lot and happened to make a more general comment in response to a statement you made, which admittedly isn't always a great thing to do.

They do have white features. Because they are very different from blacks west of them due to being where that country is located.

So they the most beautiful by folks but...... Let me stop.

They do have white features. Because they are very different from blacks west of them due to being where that country is located.

So they the most beautiful by folks but...... Let me stop.

lol I know where you're going. Before you go there, let's just point out a couple things. The kinda features we're talking about aren't really "white features." They are held by whites, Arabs, and various Asian groups too. So it's not that surprising to see East Africans held up by other races, because from their standpoint East Africans are the black people that most closely fit their standards of beauty. Now it would be a little crazier for Black people in general to act like East Africans are the most beautiful people in the world, but I don't know that that's true. When you see black dudes name the chicks that they think are the most beautiful, you rarely see them rattling off a bunch of random East African women.

Saw 36 posts so I thought I might be able to learn sutten about this issue but it's just niggas talkin' about hoes lmao

lol That's how real life wit niggas be too. I know you done been chillin wit some homeboys watching the news and discussion goes from 5 seconds about the news to half an hour talking about the badass news reporter.

Back