Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Eddie Murphy reaching or preaching?

I don't buy it. Maybe that's how Eddie felt, but black people collab all the time. His statements aren't even specific to Hollywood He's being very general. We know what he's saying isn't true across the board because we see in Hip Hop how a lot of artists work together to their mutual benefit.

Honestly, this might be projection on Eddie's part. This might have been the reason why he personally didn't work with many Black people in his heyday, and he's trying to say it applies to everyone.

So..... Where's yalls Hollywood Shuffle? Car Wash? Harlem Nights? In Living Color?

Nah yall got Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins and mfing Soul Plane...

Came in to say the same shit. It had been done filmed and wrapped production they just was waiting to put it out cuz of covid. They knew they put out some bullshit, and I bet niggas ain’t gone back to watch that movie since it dropped unlike the original if it was on I’d watch right now

Came in to say the same shit. It had been done filmed and wrapped production they just was waiting to put it out cuz of covid. They knew they put out some bullshit, and I bet niggas ain’t gone back to watch that movie since it dropped unlike the original if it was on I’d watch right now

Exactly.

Covid actually helped that movie make money. If it was a regular release, it would've been lucky to make back it's budget. Let alone turn a profit.

He was right with regard to how WE see ourselves sometimes. There probably would have been no consequences from Hollywood from collaborating, but in his mind there could be so he didn’t do it. Others possibly felt the same way.

I don’t think it was as serious as he made it out to be, but I get the sentiment.

Back