Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Eddie Murphy reaching or preaching?

Me and my woman sat up one night fantasizing about different black collabs happening in Hollywood. We talked about all missed opportunities n shit..

Sidebar: i swear denzel and will were supposed to remake uptown Saturday night??

Hot bullshit.

And this dude reading the quote is the slowest speaking motherfucker on earth.

I mean in all due respeck...thats on Eddie if he wants to continue living in that fear.

But like @Inori said...you can see that's not how it is now. We're seeing a LOT more of black Hollywood collaborating on a lot of projects. No fear, and being unapologetically Black about it.

We as black people gotta get outta that mindframe that there's only room at the top for a small amount of us. Eddie is right...they did that to us. But it doesn't mean we gotta continue to accept it. And you see that barrier being broken now wit lot of these black actors...directors...producers...etc coming together to work on different projects.

Back then...maybe. But I think most of that had to do wit egos as well. And it wasn't just wit black folks. A lot of wyte a-list Hollywood muthafuccas didn't collaborate either b/c of egos. Hell look how long it took Syvelester & Arnold to do a movie together. They was well past their prime b4 they collab'd on a movie. Egos kept them from doin it sooner.

Last edited:
Back