Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Bokeem Woodbine the best actor of all time?

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
Nah real shit..cause check it out.

Bokeem Woodbine consistently plays characters that act on impulse. Now, if you know someone that acts on impulse. You know that they don’t understand their motivations, they feel it and go.

So Bokeem plays these characters but at the same time. In the movies on some wild shit. He verbalizes his feelings behind his impulses.

Like what a person in that situation would feel underneath it all but at the same time think it’s cause of some other shit. Like they are jealous so they slashed your tires. But really feel abandoned and they confuse it wit jealously. His character will actually verbalize the sub conscious part of being impulsive.

He’ll do some shit and know exactly why he’s doing it, even though when he does it. It’s completely on impulse. It’s completely some shit that someone who did it, wouldn’t have thought about why they did it. They just do it and that’s why it’s some stupid shit to do.

Now..because those two things are such a contradiction. That would be hard to act out, that person would almost seem truly cognizant and autistic at the same time. They would be noticeably off their shit, and this is how all his characters seem.

So this cat either understands the assignment so well that he plays an individual that is a living oxymoron, so much so that your brain just can’t accept that this person is real, so it appears like it’s bad acting.

Or he’s a bad actor, and I used to say bad actor. But I’ve seen him in interviews, and I’m leaning more towards the fact that this nigga is such a great actor that he can play characters that have no template and we are watching this man create it right before our eyes.

Last edited:
Y’all not even willing to open your minds to the possibility. That’s how great a job he does

look at how he verbalizes feelings when he’s not acting. Contrast that to when he is. He’s constantly given characters that in theory are people that do not exist. yet, he manifests them. And our brains just can’t compute. Homie different

think about, characters like Heath Ledgers joker. That person doesn’t exist, can’t exist, that duality just isn’t possible. And yet, his joker is one of the greatest characters ever

These people that hire him, created black men that only exist in their minds. He brought these living contradictions to life. Y’all not hearing me

Muthafuckas got a choir at a state fair B…

Y’all not hearing me, they wrote shit that just contradicts itself and he lived in the world where everyone else just acted..be became it

Who’s drunk enough to get mad at his brother for getting pussy that he wants to fight his brother, then listens to reason and feels shame in the moment for not getting money. Who has that range of thought when that emotionally drunk? Homie pulling out the blicky at a state fair then concedes to not fight his brother, cause he loves his brothers. His love for his brother overides the impulse to fight while drunk, but doesn’t overide the jealously of his brother having a girlfriend? who wrote this shit bruh? Nigga lived a character that don’t and can’t fucking exist.

:clawd2: Greatest

We thought juice was a great acting job by Tupac but that’s only cause Bishop is a nigga that can exist. Y’all not hearing me, the harder to believe that a person is real, the harder it is to be that person. Oh lawd y’all don’t hear me

Who’s drunk enough to get mad at his brother for getting pussy that he wants to fight his brother, then listens to reason and feels shame in the moment for not getting money. Who has that range of thought when that emotionally drunk? Homie pulling out the blicky at a state fair then concedes to not fight his brother, cause he loves his brothers. His love for his brother overides the impulse to fight while drunk, but doesn’t overide the jealously of his brother having a girlfriend? who wrote this shit bruh? Nigga lived a character that don’t and can’t fucking exist.

:clawd2: Greatest
I think the problem is that the character exists too much.

Bokeem remind me of them drunks that dont respect other peoples personal bubbles...

Like... I can tell this man has drunkenly poked many a nigga in the eye trying to put his arm around them.

Huh? Huh?hicHuh?

Nigga embodies the essence of the worst type of drunks that we have all had to deal with at some point.

Not really ground breaking stuff

I think the problem is that the character exists too much.

Bokeem remind me of them drunks that dont respect other peoples personal bubbles...

Like... I can tell this man has drunkenly poked many a nigga in the eye trying to put his arm around them.

Huh? Huh?hicHuh?

Nigga embodies the essence of the worst type of drunks that we have all had to deal with at some point.

Not really ground breaking stuff
Yes…Yes..Yes..we don’t witness the range of emotion, we don’t witness their logic. We just witness what they are doing. Which is why we don’t empathize wit them and can’t stand them. Because all we see is what they do. This dude gave you the why. That’s incredibly hard to produce cause that same drunk person you know that does that..doesn’t do that. We experience their emotions, we don’t witness them manifest

Can you act out..the levels of you getting drunk and how you are? Or can you just act out when you are drunk. You see him sip and look at Lyric and Jason..you see him manifest the jealousy and feelings of abandonment that made the scene of them in the ride meaningful?

Back