Welcome To aBlackWeb

is being forced to go to church as a child.....

I think it certainly has an influence.

For me, my step dad came from a religious family. Like bumfuck nowhere Minnesota religious. He convinced my mom he wanted to start going to church again when I was 8 or so. Prior to that time, I was told stories from Christianity but I hated going to church. I'd throw a fit every Sunday morning and just be in church pissed off. Standing and sitting every 5 minutes to sing some bullshit song. Everybody all putting on their happy personalities. Whole thing just felt fake and cult like. By then I already knew Santa wasn't real and I'd be in Sunday school asking the "teachers" how the hell was any of the shit in the stories possible. Getting in trouble and shit. Fuck church.

Yep, that's cuz they're brainwashed like most of the planet.

This. Cause it is a major brainwashing!

You don't need to holla out God says 2+2 = 4 or 1+1 =2. Some of the issues they crying out about are simple, pre-planned, and documented. It would be best if they quoted those plans/documents.

The way people used to call themselves Christian’s and behave, turned me off from religion.

Now I know tho, we are all gods children and we are all in his favor, but it doesn’t mean that we all have a good relationship with god.

It’s like if you have kids, say you have three. You put more responsibility on the oldest because they are the strongest and most capable.

You give a lot of leeway to the middle children because they aren’t as capable as the oldest.

You poor more outward love to the youngest because they feed off of it more than the first two.

So they are all your kids but you love them differently, and they are all your kids but what they do out in the world reflect you as a parent differently.

It doesn’t make your parenting any less real, because a child claims you, but doesn’t do what you taught them to do. And yet because they are your child, even if they shame you, you still love them.

Christian’s that use religion to be bad people are just that child that makes all of the other kids look like they have a bad parent, but it doesn’t negate that, that parent is still one hell of a parent.

Grew up in the church. Still go when I can

I’m happy with my parents taking me to church most Sundays when I was much younger. We left a church where everyone was married and had kids but were doing things they weren’t supposed to. Joined another church where there were a lot of single mothers with children my age that I became good friends with. Some of the best times of my life was at that church and going to youth group

Of course no one is perfect and we did things we weren’t supposed to but we repented and did the best we could. Still friends with some of them to this day

Nah. I liked going to church and Bible study as a kid, my church was lit. Even had a basketball court inside. If we hadn't moved out of the area I might be on a different type of time today completely. I feel like I got out at the perfect moment tho where I was able to get information I needed but not have religion put me in a choke hold.

Only thing I hated about church was if you were late you was probably gonna end up sitting next to my homegirls grandma who would squeeze your arm while catching the holy ghost speaking in tongues and shit. It was nuts.

Grew up in the church. Still go when I can

I’m happy with my parents taking me to church most Sundays when I was much younger. We left a church where everyone was married and had kids but were doing things they weren’t supposed to. Joined another church where there were a lot of single mothers with children my age that I became good friends with. Some of the best times of my life was at that church and going to youth group

Of course no one is perfect and we did things we weren’t supposed to but we repented and did the best we could. Still friends with some of them to this day
i respect your statement.

yeah that wasn't flying in my house. Me and moms was up at dawn getting ready for church my heathen ass dad was in the bed drunk from night before or sleep. Either way he wasn't going to church and my black ass didn't have a say in the matter until I was about 17-18. In the South you was going to church or you was getting the one two from moms.

make you reject it as a adult?....
Nope.

It calmed me down actually. I haven't been to church in a long time tho. I was baptized and raised in a Black Catholic church like most Haitians.
Even went to catholic school....

I got lessons from Jehovah Witnesses too.

Some old white lady named Carroll taught me.
Jehovah Witnesses had a popular book in the 80s called "My Book of Bible Stories."
Had big impact on me

My cousin had a big influence on me as well.
He's a 5 percenter.
I still have the "Book of Life" and read it every now and then. My 120 lessons is superb

My pops and Uncle Jaque were Freemasons.
Pops was a 3rd degree Master Mason
Uncle Jaque is a 33rd degree Voodoo Priest.

I'm qualified to be a Freemason because of family ties and knowing to to build. Years ago I thought about joining but backed out

My childhood friend father is a Moor and was my dad's best friend. He taught me a lot too.

Nuwaubians and the Ansaar Community in Brooklyn had an impact on me.
1st time I met Nuwaubians was at kosciusko Marcy Pool. My mom's worked there as a lifeguard in the summertime.

Hebrew Israelites.
They aight.

My lady use to be a Seventh-day Day Adventist.
National Sunday Law was eye opening.

Jesus Christ is real and the Black Man is God.

Peace

yeah that wasn't flying in my house. Me and moms was up at dawn getting ready for church my heathen ass dad was in the bed drunk from night before or sleep. Either way he wasn't going to church and my black ass didn't have a say in the matter until I was about 17-18. In the South you was going to church or you was getting the one two from moms.
Dead@gettin the 1-2 from moms.

Back