Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Amazon Prime's 2 Day Delivery Promise a Sham?

Is it a sham?

• Total voters

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
https://lifehacker.com/amazon-primes-promise-of-two-day-delivery-is-dying-1831235107

But it’s also a sham because Prime no longer means two-day delivery. As Fast Company describes, Prime delivery times are often listed as three or even five days. The site offers no easy way to filter for two-day Prime shipping. (You can filter by free Prime shipping, but that includes items that take longer to ship. You can filter by two-day shipping, but that includes third-party items with an extra shipping charge.) And because Amazon lets third-party sellers clutter up results pages, you need to comb through results.

can honestly say, this doesnt happen to me. Well, to the point where i would complain.

I think i've had maybe 2 orders total that didnt come in 2 days. They either came in 3, or 4 at the latest

One thing the article doesnt mention is the seller or the scarcity of an item.

If its coming from China, good luck trying to get that shit in two days. It MIGHT happen, but i always expect 3 days at a minimum.

If its a product actually stocked by Amazon, my shit is ALWAYS at my house in two days.

i think this is some entitlement shit

how long did shit take to get to you when it was just UPS or the USPS to get stuff to you?

The only time I didn't get my shit on time was when Amazon's own delivery service had to deliver my package. I called and complained and they blocked them from delivering my stuff. So now only UPS, Fed Ex or the USPS will deliver, and I always get my stuff during the 2 day prime period.

i think this is some entitlement shit

how long did shit take to get to you when it was just UPS or the USPS to get stuff to you?

How is it entitlement if you are paying for a service they promote as "2 Day Guaranteed?" If I'm paying you for a service, I expect to get what I'm paying for.

I ordered my mom a phone case on Friday. They told me it would be delivered on Sunday. Amazon app said it was delivered but no phone case was at my front door or in my mail box

How is it entitlement if you are paying for a service they promote as "2 Day Guaranteed?" If I'm paying you for a service, I expect to get what I'm paying for.
well the dude in the article was ordering pampers

nothing wrong with ordering pampers, but if his gripe is that it wasnt there on time, when he had a walgreens up the street, then he deserves some blame as well.

But when you ordering something like pampers, i assume you are also doing it in bulk which would justify the reason you are ordering from Amazon in the first place...so how about not waiting until the baby is almost out to place an order?

I ordered my mom a phone case on Friday. They told me it would be delivered on Sunday. Amazon app said it was delivered but no phone case was at my front door or in my mail box
this is the bigger issue

they dont take the pics of the package being delivered where you live?

I get the pics of my doorstep of the box(es) on there after a made delivery

My shit always here on time

i had 95% of my shopping on Amazon this year and a good portion of it was done at maybe 4 days before Christmas but everything arrived on time

.......2 day...

giphy.gif

im good if mine comes in the same week

Depends. I've had a couple items that definitely didn't make it on time. They are pretty good with reimbursements for that type of shit tho. They will almost always pay out if you got a legitimate complaint.

The only time I didn't get my shit on time was when Amazon's own delivery service had to deliver my package. I called and complained and they blocked them from delivering my stuff. So now only UPS, Fed Ex or the USPS will deliver, and I always get my stuff during the 2 day prime period.
Change the color had to turn the brightness all the way up on this color

Back