Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is “pretty privilege” real to you?

I think for rap, it is more so based on content. She and rappers like her (cardi b, meg the stallion, etc) talk a lot about sex and have great production. She is pretty but the majority of people that buy her music are females *women.

If she was a lyricist like rapsody, she wouldnt get as much shine.
Women also benefit from "pretty privilege" from other women...just as well as men benefit from the same theory of pretty privilege from other men.

Women also benefit from "pretty privilege" from other women...just as well as men benefit from the same theory of pretty privilege from other men.

I’m not a woman, so you can you give us some knowledge why a woman would get PP from another woman and what that would look like?

I know why men give out PP, just wanna hear why women would.

Last edited:
I was only speaking of the women rappers/mc since sweetie was brought up. She also has has a big teen following so that is why I said females instead of women. Yes, she does get extra attention because she is "pretty" but im willing to bet she wouldnt be as popular if she was more lyrical. Perfect example would be Nitty Scott. She is beautiful and can spit but she doesnt really get any play.

I think it is. My example is Saweetie. She is gorgeous but a TRASH ass rapper. I think they hype her more so because she’s pretty than because of her talent.
RealisticPeacefulKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Pretty is not the first word that comes to mind. She's alright but point taken

I was only speaking of the women rappers/mc since sweetie was brought up. She also has has a big teen following so that is why I said females instead of women. Yes, she does get extra attention because she is "pretty" but im willing to bet she wouldnt be as popular if she was more lyrical. Perfect example would be Nitty Scott. She is beautiful and can spit but she doesnt really get any play.
Nitty Scott may be more lyrical than Saweetie and a host of others but that doesn't make her songs good

Saweetie makes shitty music BUT she's more "relatable" to the Twitter/IG crowd and their prevailing mindset

Older women think I’m pretty, I get treated like the dude they want their daughters to marry. It comes in handy in work spaces.

Yes pretty privilege exists. It's why people find it so shocking when women they consider attractive do certain things they view as aggressive. And also why some women legit get lesser sentencing in courts and punishment for wrong doing in general

Back