Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News IPCC's climate change report is 'code red for humanity,'

A lot of things that are complicated on this site gets simplified.

If you are poor in India and China I don't think you are thinking about the planet wellbeing when your country going forward with an industrial revolution could take millions out of poverty.

Voting isn't the holy grail for this issue but it's definitely a factor

Human beings are essentially Earth's white blood cells and viruses.

Right now...they're making the infection worse

I always wondered with all the science and technology out there why there hasnt been more of an effort been put into genetically modifying plants or trees that take in large amounts of CO2 to survive in deserts n shit

I always wondered with all the science and technology out there why there hasnt been more of an effort been put into genetically modifying plants or trees that take in large amounts of CO2 to survive in deserts n shit

Most plants have these things called stomata that they use to absorb CO2 but this is also where some water is kept. The longer they leave these open to take in CO2, the more water vapor that is lost. There's a theoretical limit to how much CO2 these plants can store without losing water. Imagine being in a warm, funky ass room in the dead of winter. You gotta open the window to let in some fresh air but in doing so, you letting out the heat.

Now add to the the lack of water/water vapor in deserts and you make it even harder on the plant.

For an actual impact the richest countries have to pay some sort of climate respiration... What the Paris deal was supposed to be.

It doesn't matter if the wealthiest nations reach their target and only use renewable energy if the poorest countries develop humans can't survive

Last edited:
Back