Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: MY JOURNEY TO BUILDING MY OWN GAMING PC

But say if it doesn't comes with fans...that's ok. That just means I get to pick out ones myself. And if that's the case, just another part of the process to look forward to.

But say if it doesn't comes with fans...that's ok. That just means I get to pick out ones myself. And if that's the case, just another part of the process to look forward to.

Now I do have a question, and I should've asked this before. After I get the case...could I still add Cosair components in it? Like fans, radiators, cooling cpu's, etc?

Now I do have a question, and I should've asked this before. After I get the case...could I still add Cosair components in it? Like fans, radiators, cooling cpu's, etc?
Yes, provided you have the space

I hear you, but I don't think that case is worth it. He can get better for the same price. Also, I'm like 90% sure that case doesn't even come with fans, like any. So OP will have to pick those up separately. So, $115 for a case with not so great airflow, a vertical mount which he likely won't even need and no fans.

That's true bro. The vertical mount looks really cool though. As far as the fans, I agree. My PC is watercooled, so not a big deal for me (even though I have 11 case fans running).

here-comes-a-new-challenger-gif-5.gif

Ok I know I said that finally picked out a case. But outta curiosity...I decided to do lil more searching. Found ANOTHER case that caught my attention...

Deco Gear Mid-Tower Computer Case
Screenshot_20210712-023139_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210712-023307_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Spec Info...
Screenshot_20210712-023244_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210712-023224_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210712-023151_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Since Golan brought up airflow...it was one of the things I checked out 1st.

The reviews overall were positive. One person said they paid $120, and no screws. But others who commented, said they had no issues. And the case came wit the necessary hardware. It's priced on Amazon for only 100 bucks. So I'm not sure where that guy got his where he paid 120.

My only question so far...is ATX, Micro-ATX, and the Mini-ITX the only parts compatable for this? Or is it moreof a "for the best results" kinda thing?

Do you guys trust liquid cooling systems?
I'm too scary to try that but a lot of articles and videos I've seen suggest that most people that have them don't need them. You really just need a case with great air flow and some high RPM fans and that should help with cooling.

Ok I know I said that finally picked out a case. But outta curiosity...I decided to do lil more searching. Found ANOTHER case that caught my attention...

View attachment 584432View attachment 584436

Spec Info...
View attachment 584435View attachment 584434View attachment 584433

The reviews overall were positive. One person said they paid $120, and no screws. But others who commented, said they had no issues. And the case came wit the necessary hardware. It's priced on Amazon for only 100 bucks. So I'm not sure where that guy got his where he paid 120.

My only question so far...is ATX, Micro-ATX, and the Mini-ITX the only parts compatable for this? Or is it moreof a "for the best results" kinda thing?
My two pennies... Get a full tower

And yes you your question

View attachment 584432View attachment 584436

Spec Info...
View attachment 584435View attachment 584434View attachment 584433

Check out this channel, they do great analysis.

Also, ATX is just the size of the motherboard. ATX is the standard, the others are smaller. They will function the same, but you'll likely have less features and slots. Like for instance, instead of 4 ram slots, you'll get 2. Instead of two PCI-e slots, you'll get one. Instead of 2 m.2 slots, you'll get 1 or none. There's a subset of builders that like to make their PCs as small and compact as possible. You don't need to worry about it for the most part. You just need to make sure that your motherboard is compatible with your case.

Step 1...Da Case: Achieved

Welp after MORE research, I FINALLY got my case...
20210801_183625.jpg

Haven't taken it out the box yet. But when I do, I'll post more pics.

2 reasons why I went wit the Lian Li

- Air Flow
- Accessibility

Glass panels on both sides open up. As well as the bottom area for storage drives.

Comes with 3 fans.

Airflow from the front, top, and back.

But like said, I'll post the pics probably tonite.

Step 2: Da Processor & Motherboard

Ok after the Mircocenter employee found the black case I wanted, I asked him what should be my next step. He then tells the processor and motherboard is what I need next. B/c of course you gotta make sure everything works.

So we walked back to area where they kept them in glass cases. Said I could either go wit the Intel or Ryzen processor. But then said the Ryzen would probably be better. Mainly b/c Intel changes their processors every year. His suggeston was to go wit the Ryzen 5000 series.

Saw a couple on Amazon...
Screenshot_20210802-190931_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210802-190959_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Also saw one that had the processor and motherboard packaged together. I'm kinda leaning towards that one. Only b/c I can kill 2 birds wit one stone. Haven't decided yet tho.

Step 2: Da Processor & Motherboard

Ok after the Mircocenter employee found the black case I wanted, I asked him what should be my next step. He then tells the processor and motherboard is what I need next. B/c of course you gotta make sure everything works.

So we walked back to area where they kept them in glass cases. Said I could either go wit the Intel or Ryzen processor. But then said the Ryzen would probably be better. Mainly b/c Intel changes their processors every year. His suggeston was to go wit the Ryzen 5000 series.

Saw a couple on Amazon...
View attachment 603036View attachment 603037

Also saw one that had the processor and motherboard packaged together. I'm kinda leaning towards that one. Only b/c I can kill 2 birds wit one stone. Haven't decided yet tho.

Bro, you can build an absolute beast of a computer, especially with that Ryzen 5800X. Go big bro. Get a really good, stable MB, get a AIO cooler, at least 32GB of RAM, a good 512GB PCIe SSD for your boot drive, and a strong modular 850W PSU.

Back