Welcome To aBlackWeb

Interesting take on the South African Farmers Situation.

deadeye

Warrior

Ok, I know it's 4 hours long.......and, honestly, I'm only 15 minutes in myself.

Basically what they're discussing, besides the title of the vid.........is the fact that the South African Government has already "appropriated" land from white farmers.

Appropriated meaning they've either taken it........or they only paid them 10% of what it's worth.

One of the major problems is that of the 8,000 farms that have been appropriated..............4,000 of them are not being worked.

Meaning, the government owns them...........but no black farmers have stepped up to purchase or work those farms.

So, after a while.......if these farms aren't being properly maintained..........they're eventually going to be unworkable.

At least for quite some time depending on how long they remain vacant.

So, the debate pretty much centers around whether it's even practical in the long run to take the land from the white farmers without there being some kind of plan to have that farmland worked.

If what happened in Zimbabwe is any indication of things to come, it might be best to leave well enough alone.

At the same time, it's not right for white farmers to profit off of land that their ancestors stole from the original owners.

One of the commentators said that 8% of the population (white) controls 72% of the farmland.

Not quite sure what the solution is, but........for the time being........it might be more practical to simply raise the taxes on the white farmers.

High enough for the government to generate sufficient tax revenue.........but not high enough that it's no longer worth it for them to keep working the land.

Thoughts?

I get the sentiment of not buying or taking the land there is nobody to work it and maintain it.

Right now don't know how I feel about it.

I get the sentiment of not buying or taking the land there is nobody to work it and maintain it.

Right now don't know how I feel about it.

That's kinda where I'm at too.

On one hand, it makes sense to take the land from them..........but it doesn't make sense if they can't find people immediately who are willing to work that land.

Dude said eventually they might have to start importing more food from other countries if that land goes unattended for too long.

Didnt click play but this a black guy who talks for hours at a time in front of a Blue Lives Matter backdrop?

I read about the attacks recently. I'm about to hit the gym so I can't give input based on the vid yet, but from what I've read about these attacks on farmers, even though most farmers are White, the attacks target White and Black farm owners. This clearly suggests that the racial element some people are trying to transpose over this matter doesn't quite make sense, and the attacks are influenced by other factors, like poor work conditions, poverty-driven robbery, etc.

I brought this up in another topic discussing these farms, and niggas in here seemed to think that it would be better for the land to go to shit and the SA economy to fall apart than to try and work something out with the white farmers. You're not going to get an intelligent discussion of this topic on here.

To be said, the opposite side is being just as disingenuous. They are making it seem like roves of black Africans are going around killing white farmers and taking the lands and that's not what is happening at all.

Get the land back.

Just donā€™t rape.

And blacks in the states need to have connection to the Motherland but we donā€™t have to be just like them.

We have our culture here that we made.

From the other thread

SMH lol

Let em cacs keep the land and tax tf outta them and use the money for agricultural education in schools and to encourage kids to c it as a career
Nothings gonna change over night

Yea I'd like to see it back in black hands(bars) yesterday but whites have had it for decades and has made their parasitic relationship into one of mutualism.

So shit will take time

Back