Welcome To aBlackWeb

Interesting song about suicide.

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
I cant lie this song is kinda nice and a different path.

something that is not talked about.

suicide and suicide prevention.

Last edited:
What song

giphy.gif

Brother Ali dropped a song last year inspired by the suicide of his father & grandfather.

It's aiight.

What I really don't like about it is that it focused a narrative on being gay and wanting to kill yourself for not being accepted and all that.

My good friend Dave killed himself on January 23, 2007, he hung himself in his parent's basement. It had nothing to do with being gay or anything like that. Dave was bipolar but he hid that shit from pretty much everyone around him so most of us didn't know. I knew he would get in a funk every now and then but it didn't seem all that serious to me. We did shows together, kicked it about music, introduced him to my wife and sisters who all thought Dave was a cool ass down to earth cat. After I moved to Phoenix we kept in touch with the occasional phone call, emails, IM's and on his message board. He came out to do a show in Tempe in either 05 or 06 and we were supposed to link up and kick it but something happened where I couldn't make it.

People commit suicide for a wide variety of reasons. IMO, this video could have been far more powerful if it touched on several of those reasons, then brought those people together "Crash"-style, then showing them later in life after intervention. That would probably resonate with more people than the way it is currently.

It's aiight.

What I really don't like about it is that it focused a narrative on being gay and wanting to kill yourself for not being accepted and all that.

My good friend Dave killed himself on January 23, 2007, he hung himself in his parent's basement. It had nothing to do with being gay or anything like that. Dave was bipolar but he hid that shit from pretty much everyone around him so most of us didn't know. I knew he would get in a funk every now and then but it didn't seem all that serious to me. We did shows together, kicked it about music, introduced him to my wife and sisters who all thought Dave was a cool ass down to earth cat. After I moved to Phoenix we kept in touch with the occasional phone call, emails, IM's and on his message board. He came out to do a show in Tempe in either 05 or 06 and we were supposed to link up and kick it but something happened where I couldn't make it.

People commit suicide for a wide variety of reasons. IMO, this video could have been far more powerful if it touched on several of those reasons, then brought those people together "Crash"-style, then showing them later in life after intervention. That would probably resonate with more people than the way it is currently.
i heard dude got a whole bunch of other shit on his album....

imma check it out before i speak on it tho

Back