Welcome To aBlackWeb

In His Prime Series, Vol.2. How Good Was...DMX?

During his prime years, was he...

• Total voters
At that time he was the best and brought that gritty New York sound back and ended the shiny suit era

X wasn't no "everyday MC w/ no hype"

Niggas was anticipating his shit cuz of 4,3,2,1, Money,Power,Respect, and Shut Em Down
You made it sound like going plat in the same year was no big thing cuz pac did it too....

I know x hype was crazy at the time... As was pacs when he did it. My point was at the time they did it, that was something that was amazing and they both delivered.... Maybe you missed the sarcasm

In his prime definitely top 5, then I feel like they took what were "fan favorites" on the first album and made that his whole next album, and then on. His intricate shit became very churchy wit weaker production and his "ruff Ryder anthem esq" shit, got better production. He kept tryna hit singles outta the park and made less overall good product.

But his features on 4321, shut em down, money power respect, 24 hours to live, and countless other shits was the best feature run I've ever seen.

It's dark and hell is hot is a top 10 album

The worst thing is Def Jam owns all his masters and he had to re record so he can get paid off his greatest hits. Fuck record labels and their shitty deals, vultures...

:cry:

The worst thing is Def Jam owns all his masters and he had to re record so he can get paid off his greatest hits. Fuck record labels and their shitty deals, vultures...

:cry:

Lol so is that why this shitty version exist? Lmaoo yo i never knew what the fuck this was.

His run during his prime is probably the best run ever.

I voted top 5 though but im basing my vote strictly on lyrics. And this aint no disrespect. Being top 5 during that era is crazy good.

It seem like w/ a lot of artist, some of their biggest/iconic songs are always the last song they recorded for the album or they didn't wanna do it or something.

Shits crazy.

Back