Welcome To aBlackWeb

If you weren’t a fan of a persons art is it okay to pay respects when they pass away?

give people they flowers while they alive.

Dude wasnt the illest but he was on a few hit songs. Cant take that away from him.

To answer the question tho you dont have to be a fan of someone to pay your respects. It looks a way if you actively shit on the person while they were alive and then wanna give props after they pass tho

Sometimes death gives somebody the impetus to run through a catalogue

I can’t be mad at that

You can like a person and not like their art. In that case, I don't see why it would be wrong to pay respects. That said, a lot of people can't separate their dislike for a person's art from how the feel about that person especially when they don't know that person in real life. If the only thing you ever had to say about Magoo while he was alive was that he was a shitty rapper. I can understand why his loved ones wouldnt want to hear from you after he passes.

Niggaz just aggy to be aggy

Jamie Foxx and Gillie the kid two of my least favorite celebrities in the world. And I didn't hesitate to wish them the best thru their rough times this year....

Just cuz you don't like a nigga don't mean you wanna see them suffer or die. Maggo was a corny ass rapper... But he was down with a dope ass crew that put out some good music he happened to be a part of. I see nothing wrong with people giving that man the props they giving him. He had a different sound and some wild ass lyrics... But being mad at people showing that man love is wild

I already knew who this was about before I clicked the thread and that's fucked up.

Like... you can not fuck with somebody musically but still appreciate their value as a damn human being and also an earnest contributor to the culture.

A black man dies young and we're supposed to die on the hill of talking about how wack he was compared to other rappers at the time? Who is making these rules?
Complete dumb asses

That's exactly what they're doing, cuz j Cole started this on that durk song

Trying to gatekeep condolences is stupid...but that's actually the exact opposite of what Cole did on that Durk song. He called out the culture vulture bloggers who profit off it when they don't even acknowledge these young kids dying even exist beforehand outside of beef

Back