Welcome To aBlackWeb

If you had to move back home, would you...

had to?

shit, i remember when my ex and i were on the outs and i was over it. i was legit contemplating getting a storage unit for my shit and sleepin in my car until i found a place. a spot randomly fell into my lap like two days later and i was on it.
tellin my dad this story and hes like you know you always got somewhere to stay...yea, but the way my pride is set up..

at the moment?
move with my mother?

hmmmm

hypothetically......if it got that bad, i would not have a problem moving back and paying for everything.\
thats the least i can do...even tho i know she wouldnt take it.

shit i recommend more people move back to save more money.
dont be in such a rush for freedom only to be a slave to bills.

To @Golden point, I think it needs to stop being taboo in the black community

You will pay some white person rent to stay there but people feel some type of way about giving their parents a portion of what they were paying for rent.

Parents are super prideful and you never know how much your financial contributions may help

You in there eating food, using water, electricity, etc... Why not give them some money and let them decide how they want to spend it

I’m not gonna move into my mama house just because. I don’t wanna live anywhere where I feel like I have to sneak and fuck. I also don’t wanna live anywhere where I can’t be naked freely.

On the other hand, if I’m moving to help her. Then I’d put all that on the back burner and make it work.
Sneaking to fuck is fun

You will pay some white person rent to stay there but people feel some type of way about giving their parents a portion of what they were paying for rent.

Parents are super prideful and you never know how much your financial contributions may help

You in there eating food, using water, electricity, etc... Why not give them some money and let them decide how they want to spend it
imo unless they're financially struggling and need the help, this takes away from a sense of family. Just like I'd never put my parents in a retirement home or make them fund their retirement alone, I would never charge my offspring to live with me. If I put them on this earth, I want them to stack money and start their life with as little debt and as much equity as possible. family are supposed to look out for each other, not financially capitalize off of one another.

True. I'm over 30 and the house is already paid off. I feel that if your parent are paying rent and you're over 30 then yeah go help them. If you're in your 20s then they don't want you in their house lol. Parents just got ridrof your ass and you falling back in the house too quick.

imo unless they're financially struggling and need the help, this takes away from a sense of family. Just like I'd never put my parents in a retirement home or make them fund their retirement alone, I would never charge my offspring to live with me. If I put them on this earth, I want them to stack money and start their life with as little debt and as much equity as possible. family are supposed to look out for each other, not financially capitalize off of one another.
That's one way of looking at it

My counter to that is if you are paying someone in excess of $1k for rent, what's $250-$500 to give your parents for a place to stay?

I was fortunate to have found a home a week later I moved in with my parents but I don't close until the end of this month, so I gave them some money for rent. I didn't miss a beat.

It's different for a 20 something year old trying to figure something out but if you 30 and up and have been paying rent or a mortgage for a substantial amount of time, then I think it's a good gesture to give your parents some financial compensation

That's one way of looking at it

My counter to that is if you are paying someone in excess of $1k for rent, what's $250-$500 to give your parents for a place to stay?

I was fortunate to have found a home a week later I moved in with my parents but I don't close until the end of this month, so I gave them some money for rent. I didn't miss a beat.

It's different for a 20 something year old trying to figure something out but if you 30 and up and have been paying rent or a mortgage for a substantial amount of time, then I think it's a good gesture to give your parents some financial compensation
a good gesture sure but I think that's transactional framing. give your parents money as a gift, not as payment. I don't believe in bringing transactions into family. I had a cousin who got married to a man in another country and was about to vacate her apartment. Before she found a tenant, she offered it first to her immediate family then her close extended family - rent-free, as long as you cover utilities. Nobody took her up on it in the end but the offer was there. A close family is like an extension of yourself, you want them taken care of and contributing to that is a pleasure not a chore. these things add up and result in a financially independent family unit and wider community. that's what a village is.

a good gesture sure but I think that's transactional framing. give your parents money as a gift, not as payment. I don't believe in bringing transactions into family. I had a cousin who got married to a man in another country and was about to vacate her apartment. Before she found a tenant, she offered it first to her immediate family then her close extended family - rent-free, as long as you cover utilities. Nobody took her up on it in the end but the offer was there. A close family is like an extension of yourself, you want them taken care of and contributing to that is a pleasure not a chore. these things add up and result in a financially independent family unit and wider community. that's what a village is.
Semantics to me

I gave it because I wanted to and I would've been paying it to someone else anyway

Why not them

My mom tried to refuse,I wouldn't allow it. I sent it to her via cashapp

That was a nice gesture of your people though but not every situation unfortunately works out like that

My aunt has a rent house that she let my cousin and his girl stay in once he got released from prison. After a while, you guessed it, he stopped paying rent and was ducking her calls

Semantics to me

I gave it because I wanted to and I would've been paying it to someone else anyway

Why not them

My mom tried to refuse,I wouldn't allow it. I sent it to her via cashapp

That was a nice gesture of your people though but not every situation unfortunately works out like that

My aunt has a rent house that she let my cousin and his girl stay in once he got released from prison. After a while, you guessed it, he stopped paying rent and was ducking her calls
I think these things are really gonna depend on the family circumstances. if you're paying rent and your adult kids come back to live with you, I'm sure their contributions could go a long way. if your home is paid off and you're doing good, your kids giving you 'rent' might not go as far for your pocket as it would their home deposit savings or grad school savings.

I've heard of parents taking the 'rent' their kids paid them and giving it back to them as a lump sum for their future, I think that's a nice idea.

I think these things are really gonna depend on the family circumstances. if you're paying rent and your adult kids come back to live with you, I'm sure their contributions could go a long way. if your home is paid off and you're doing good, your kids giving you 'rent' might not go as far for your pocket as it would their home deposit savings or grad school savings.

I've heard of parents taking the 'rent' their kids paid them and giving it back to them as a lump sum for their future, I think that's a nice idea.
Agreed

If I had to move back home it would be a situation where my moms lived with me. Not the other way around. No rent would be involved either way tho.

I could fuck at the dudes house, sure. But in the case where i don’t wanna drive over there. He’d have to come to me. I’m not a silent sexer. Mama gon hear me. Nah!

Never got a hotel room just to fuck.

So one track minded...there’s more to life than sex Kandylion

My lil bro was doing this and just paying the cable and part of the light bill. I could probably do that for a short period of time but I’d have to get out after a few months.

Back