Ice Cube vs Common

Better overall

• Common

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Don Dada

I just finished a beef series it was Ice Cube vs Common, Common went at Cube because he went to hollywood.

It was bald by Common to do it. Cube was that nigga. But as ppl knew Cybress hill robbed him he lost some respect in the hood.

But u can't take away from Cube that he got an nice Discography and is a Legend in the game. Some ppl consider him top 5 and if not the best to ever do it even tho he went to hollywood and doing all this child\family movies.

Who you take? Whos the better overall? let's talk in their prime

Common might be nicer with a pen, but Cube is arguably the father of Gangsta Rap. He wrote Boys In The Hood.

As nice as Common is, if you deleted everything he ever did, Hip Hop would still be the same.

You can't really say that about Cube.

Also, I was living in Massachusetts when Cube was in his prime and he was probably the #1 rapper for a few years (90, 91, 92, 93). He dropped several classics in a row.

Common's discography might be better, and Be might have more replay value than any Ice Cube album but he was never on the top like Cube was.

I'm voting for Cube.

Common might be nicer with a pen, but Cube is arguably the father of Gangsta Rap. He wrote Boys In The Hood.

As nice as Common is, if you deleted everything he ever did, Hip Hop would still be the same.

Also, I was living in Massachusetts when Cube was in his prime and he was probably the #1 rapper for a few years (90, 91, 92, 93). He dropped several classics in a row.

Common's discography might be better, and Be might have more replay value than any Ice Cube album but he was never on the top like Cube was.

I'm voting for Cube.

I'd say without Ice Cube, Hip hop wouldn't be the same.

Common overall

Like 5 Grand synopsis but Eazy sold Boyz In The Hood. Cube wrote alot of shit, but the group made it acceptable. Cube was going no where with just his rhymes. He needed Eazy image and rep. And Dre beats. And DOC to sharpen his steel

Common Sense went for dolo. And he bodied Drake.

They both God MCs tho. Or as Lupe says, Grandmasters

Common but this reason is solely biased as neither of their music appeals to me or any of their songs or even just 1 album of theirs is enjoyable to me

But I say Common because I have heard him rap about my religion before so the vote goes to him as my religion is the greatest, the only truthful and real religion and non false religion. I do appreciate him rapping about it

Biased for that reason but it is what it is

I'm voting for Cube.

This was the first thing I thought about - if neither existed would rap be better off or worse. I actually got into Common heavier than Cube due to my age. But going back and listening to Cube's discography I can completely understand why he stood out son strong during his time. Hell, Cube's become one of my top five over the last few years even if his albums don't have the same consistency in quality.

It was bald by Common to do it

De-Niro.gif

Common overall

Like 5 Grand synopsis but Eazy sold Boyz In The Hood. Cube wrote alot of shit, but the group made it acceptable. Cube was going no where with just his rhymes. He needed Eazy image and rep. And Dre beats. And DOC to sharpen his steel

Common Sense went for dolo. And he bodied Drake.

They both God MCs tho. Or as Lupe says, Grandmasters

when common bodied drake?

Back