Welcome To aBlackWeb

I need help,

Six months seems short. I’d say… just live together a little while.

Take note of the little things that annoy you and make you want to kill him at first.

If you find yourself laughing at those things a year from now, you’re ready.

Major shit come and go, but it’s those little things you’ll have to live with forever

For instance… my wife has the tendency to over explain everything, can be very long winded, and feels the need to add context to shit that’s already understood.

And no matter how well versed I already am with the previous 4 chapters of any given story, the next time we talk about a situation she gotta start at the beginning.

Occasionally I have to tell her
IMG_5899.gif

but she get her feelings hurt when I do that. So I had to learn to live with that most of the time.

Wedding gonna be catered by Geno s
@Race Jones

Have you heard of hello fresh? With hello fresh you can get ready made meals via pre planned ingredients that can make a wedding go off with a hitch. With the catered special, you can feed a group of up to 50 with a convenient hello Fresh box. If interested I have link that can provide you with a chance at a free box to test out the superb quality of hello fresh meals.

tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif

...to the ABW niggas who thought they had a chance wit Race.

Anywhoo...you gonna do it anyway. You know you've already made up your mind. So why ask? Especially asking riff raffs like us???

Stop being scary. If you GENUINELY feel like you ready...do it. If not...don't. It's really not that difficult. Dunno why folk treat something like this as if the fate of the world depends on this one decision. And stop letting father time dictate your decision as well.

Do it b/c YOU truly want to. If you're not ready...then guess what...his stankin azzz will still be wit yo stankin azzz until you are ready.

BUT...if he does bounce b/c you told him you're not ready...so be it. It's God's way of telling you he wasn't the one. B/c the Almighty will deliver the RIGHT one...*coughs*...@Ironman...*coughs* in your life like an Amazon package. Either way...do you.

Just my 2 cents...the riff raff

Six months seems short. I’d say… just live together a little while.

Take note of the little things that annoy you and make you want to kill him at first.

If you find yourself laughing at those things a year from now, you’re ready.

Major shit come and go, but it’s those little things you’ll have to live with forever

This. Relationships are one thing but marriage is a whole another level and it takes work! I been married for 4 years now and the stuff I just past over when we were in a relationship I couldn't do now.

But this advice right here makes sense

Would hate to have young blk couple end their union in a divorce n maybe end up hating each other..

And divorce is a whole another level of "breaking up" too.

Either way congrats Queen. 👏🏿

My only advice is marriage is what you put into it.

Like school... Or working out.... Your results vary on how dedicated you are to it. And how much accountability you place on yourself.

If you not putting the work in, if he's not putting the work it.... It's not gonna work. However if y'all continue to be about each other, work and communicate openly.. and hold each other accountable while being completely open and honest with each other.... It can be a beautiful thing.

At the end of the day y'all dictate what your marriage means to you. And always be real about that shit. The second you start faking and holding back... It's not you they're married to... It's a projection of you. And many make that mistake... They force themselves to the person they think it takes for a marriage to work..... And if you're really not that person.... It's always gonna be off.

As long as you're being genuine about who you are in the relationship, and him doing the same.... Y'all should be good.

Just keep it real. And accept each other for who the person truly is on the inside. Ain't nuffin worse in the world than the person who is supposed to know you best having no clue to who you really are inside.. but on the contrast.. having a person who does know who you truly are and accepts every bit of it anyway.... It's a beautiful thing.

I'm rooting for your happiness @Race Jones

I never been tamed. I've always done what i wanted in a relationship. I treated my partners pretty terribly 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

but with him I cook and clean and actually talk my feelings out. i dont go to the club or bars not just because im with him but because i have no desire too.

it was just time to grow up and when we both stopped playing games and actually saw what we had. we got out of our own way and its been pretty magical

we go thru shit and have our days but overall this nigga has become my best friend and for a woman who never gave a rats ass about men,

hes super special to me
Awwww 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Race finally found her prototype

do you think its too short of time to get married?

If you gotta ask the answer is no…

especially in relation to marriage…

a life long commitment…..

where there is no turning back….

and where you having a bad attitude is no excuse

Back