Welcome To aBlackWeb

'I don't serve cops': Dunkin' Donuts worker fired after turning away Cleveland officer

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/nati...cle_1d76ef25-639c-5d65-8a07-587278147f3b.html

A West Side Dunkin' Donuts made headlines Monday after an employee refused to serve an on-duty Cleveland police officer, according to Jeff Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association.

Incidentally, the officer he turned away was Frank Garmback, the driver of the police cruiser that responded to the Tamir Rice call.

Rice, 12, was shot and killed by Garmback's partner -- officer Timothy Loehmann -- at Cudell Recreation Center in 2014.

The employee, who wasn't aware of Garmback's connection to Rice, said he didn't serve cops.

The employee, who worked at the West 117th Street location, was subsequently fired after the interaction last Friday.

That was a bold stance to take even though it cost that person their job...

truth be told, that man was/is still hurt about that shit...like a lot of us are

I dont go around mugging all police officers and shit but there's a different vibe

for him to say that and to know what came with it, should show everybody what its doing to the minds of one group of people

not that it really matters to anyone else

I wouldnt say he should be rewareded, but I'd like to see him maybe get some media attention, an interview.....sit him down and ask him why?

im sure the conversation had nothing to do with that when he was fired

Back