Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Can Easily Beat Eminem In A Battle - Melle Mel

Who'd Win In A Battle?

• Melle Mel

• Eminem

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not hard. A song being better vs me liking a song more are two different things. Like some rappers can rap their ass off but you still enjoy other rappers who aren't as technically gifted better. But if you want a quick list of songs I'd consider better than The Message, simply in terms of song quality,

"Everyday Struggle"- Biggie
"Alright"- Kendrick
"S.N.I.T.C.H"'- Pusha T
"Can I Live"- Jay Z
"Staring Through My Rearview"- 2 Pac
"Look Into My Eyes"- Scarface
"Return of the G"- Outlast
"The Vent"- Big Krit

And that's just off the top. This doesn't mean The Message isn't a classic song but that someone can have songs they think are better and it doesn't mean they're somehow less of a hip hop fan

You've made the mistake of assuming that The Message is my favorite hip hop song. I never stated that. I'm speaking objectively when I'm talking about its all-time ranking. Iconic instrumental, relevant 40 years later and, like somebody else said, that last verse is one of the greatest verses ever spit.

For the record, my favorite hip hop song would probably be So Many Tears.

You've made the mistake of assuming that The Message is my favorite hip hop song. I never stated that. I'm speaking objectively when I'm talking about its all-time ranking. Iconic instrumental, relevant 40 years later and, like somebody else said, that last verse is one of the greatest verses ever spit.

For the record, my favorite hip hop song would probably be So Many Tears.

And what I said is that a person can acknowledge all of that about The Message, which nobody can logically argue against, and still not have it listed in a top 5 list of all time rap songs

And what I said is that a person can acknowledge all of that about The Message, which nobody can logically argue against, and still not have it listed in a top 5 list of all time rap songs

So you took it personally when I said it should be in everyone's top 5. I can dig it. That's just my opinion and it won't change. Doesn't mean I actually expect it to be.

And the main point was that Eminem not having a better song isn't really a slight at all.

So you took it personally when I said it should be in everyone's top 5. I can dig it. That's just my opinion and it won't change. Doesn't mean I actually expect it to be.

And the main point was that Eminem not having a better song isn't really a slight at all.

Lol no you didn't say anything to take personally. I just disagree with it. It's not that deep

So we really in here trying act like the Message is one of the best Hip Hop songs ever? It may be one of the most important Hip Hop songs, but there are plenty of songs that are better from a technical standpoint. Past that, it's all subjective, but I have a hard time believe there are a host of Hip Hop fans that think it is one of the best from a pure musical standpoint.

Back