Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hurricane Maria drives Americans to invest in Puerto Rican homes

I won't go into a ravaged area and take advantage if poor people.
And yes I do have a good time in the DR...but very different than people would think.
I know. What your getting at...but nah, ain't me.
As a black person...I just can't take advantage of people...I have certain lines I just won't cross.

So you are saying that you wouldn't buy some property that got foreclosed on? Or buy an item at a pawnshop for a fraction of the cost because someone else couldn't afford it? You only purchase things that are free from any human suffering? You sir are a saint.

insured with increasing house rates?

profit or nah?
Will they insure it if it's in a hurricane path? I know some places in cali won't insure homes cuz they're on a fault line or in a wildfire prone area. Or if they do they on some Kanye and Kim shit where they'll send private emergency services if anything happens cuz the home costs too much to lose. But how many of us got it like that or think it'll happen in somewhere outside of the US (I know PR is part of the US but you know what I mean...)

So you are saying that you wouldn't buy some property that got foreclosed on? Or buy an item at a pawnshop for a fraction of the cost because someone else couldn't afford it? You only purchase things that are free from any human suffering? You sir are a saint.
thats not what i said or implied.
but you telling me that you can just roll up on people sleeping in their car next to their fucked up home and ask to buy the home? when its clear they cant afford to fix it because the govt is screwing them over.

the govt is straight fucking them people over.

im not saying you shouldnt do it,.,,but i dont need money to the point i am willing to bring on that bad energy.

thats like dude who see a chick in financial distress and offers to pay her bills for a smash. i seen it...and didnt like that shit.
some shit i just cant do....thats all im saying.

Will they insure it if it's in a hurricane path? I know some places in cali won't insure homes cuz they're on a fault line or in a wildfire prone area. Or if they do they on some Kanye and Kim shit where they'll send private emergency services if anything happens cuz the home costs too much to lose. But how many of us got it like that or think it'll happen in somewhere outside of the US (I know PR is part of the US but you know what I mean...)
i know exactly what you are saying but watch how the narrative changes.
ricans are the wrong color even tho they think they can cross over...they found out the hard way they cant and are not welcomed.
I watched this from the beginning and talked to people alot ...almost weekly.
remember i was the first one to say that 69 dead was bullshit.
this is all being allowed to happen.
and guess whos buying it up down there...white people(euros and americans) and Brazilians while the ricans flee to florida and NYC.
i just dont want to be apart of it once i saw what it was really like.

you have to understand the infrastructure and whats going on.....

its alot of places in hurricane paths....yet people still buy homes in those places.
real estate still poppin in florida after the crimes
real estate still poppin in new orleans after katrina.

but when the infrastructure is replaced.....the prices sky rockets. and puerto rico will be the next go to spot and this is why they are allowing the shit to stay like it is....i said this a while ago.

its profit to be made in devastation.
while most people run away from it....thats actually the time to run towards it.
but seeing the shit first hand.....im cool. more power to those who can go thru with it.....but them white folk down there acting a fool.
a gotdamn fool. offering people fucking pennies.

where is all them ricans from NYC?

Bruh tha isle pretty much gonna disappear after awhile. Every year it gets worse and worse. I'll pass on having to keep rebuilding shit

Puerto Rico is a beautiful country so I understand why people would invest in a property there. Plus prices there are very affordable for an average american. Also I heard that there are a lot of foreign investors buying property in Antigua and Barbuda https://tranio.com/antigua_and_barbuda/ Which is affordable too apparently

Hey I need to contact a realtor. Buying for pennies on the dollar. I'm with it.

Back