Welcome To aBlackWeb

HS Basketball Coach killed in shootout with a Mexican Cartel in North Carolina

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
This is a wild story

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A high school basketball coach in Union County was killed in a shootout with a Mexican drug cartel in Alamance County, North Carolina, last week, deputies said.

According to the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office, Barney Harris died on Thursday, April 8 in a shootout with a drug cartel. Investigators said Harris and another person went to a stash house in Alamance County last week to steal money and drugs from the cartel.

"It was believed that this was during a home invasion for money and drugs," said Sheriff Terry Johnson.

Harris and his partner Steven Alexander Stewart Jr., who was identified as his brother-in-law, then killed a drug runner for the cartel before a shootout started. Harris was shot and killed during the gunfire. Harris was found inside the house shot multiple times. Investigators said Harris was wearing a bulletproof vest that did not protect him from the ammunition used in the shooting.

Stewart was arrested and is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree burglary.

"I can tell you this right now. When we are dealing with the Mexican drug cartel, somebody's probably going to die as a result of this right here, somewhere else. And we did not want to put it out there until we could get a good grip of what's going on here," Johnson said.

Detectives said multiple types of firearms were used during the shootout and Johnson described the scene "like an old western shootout." Other mobile homes in the area were struck by bullets. No one at any other home was injured during the shootout.

Investigators said Harris had been to Alamance County at least one other time, based on video that was found on his cellphone.

I wonder what type of ammo the cartel was using

I wonder what type of vest the coach had on

and I wonder did his "partner" have on the same type of vest????

I hate how this is phrased. Like why the fuck is this nigga's profession even mentioned in the title? I expected his job as a coach to somehow play an important role in this, based on the title.

Like why is it even highlighted in the title? It wouldn't have been like that with another profession.

Like you'll never read 'Bobby Smith, level 2 rep. at the Sprint call center on 5th Avenue, was shot and killed in a cartel shootout'.

I hate how this is phrased. Like why the fuck is this nigga's profession even mentioned in the title? I expected his job as a coach to somehow play an important role in this, based on the title.

Like why is it even highlighted in the title? It wouldn't have been like that with another profession.

Like you'll never read 'Bobby Smith, level 2 rep. at the Sprint call center on 5th Avenue, was shot and killed in a cartel shootout'.
Titled for maximum impact and reaction.

The Sinaloa Drug Cartel killed Barney Harris in a huge shootout where Cocaine was found in a residence
Barney Harris was killed on April 8, 2021 during a shootout with the Sinaloa Drug Cartel in Alamance County, NC. The shooting happened at a mobile home park at 12:52 a.m. 18-year-old Alonso Beltran Lara was also killed in the shooting.

The multi billion dollar Sinaloa Drug Cartel is dangerous and they proved that in a recent shootout. El Chapo, ran the Sinaloa Drug Cartel until he was sent to prison for various murders and cocaine deals. Barney was the head coach of the basketball and track teams at Union Academy Charter School in Monroe, NC. He was also a Spanish teacher at the high school.

Sheriff Terry Johnson says:

"It was believed that this was during a home invasion for money and drugs. When we are dealing with the Mexican drug cartel, somebody's probably going to die"
Barney and his partner Steven Alexander Stewart Jr., who was identified as his brother-in-law were at a cocaine stash house mobile home, authorities say. Police say, Alonso lived at the mobile home and was a member of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. When Alonso arrived at home, he was tied up by his hands and feet, and then shot in the head.

Out of no where several gunshots were fired by other members of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. Barney was shot several times in a bedroom. Barney was wearing a bulletproof vest, but it wasn’t a match for the high caliber fire power of the cartel’s guns. Barney was pronounced dead at the scene. Steven was able to flee the scene.
It turns out that Alonso was a drug runner for the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. During the shooting the cartel took the extensive amount of cocaine, cash, and other drugs from the stash house. By the time police arrived Barney was dead, and Alonso was bleeding and hurt on the ground. Alonso was rushed to the hospital where he died.
1.2 kilograms of cocaine, five guns, and about $7,000 in cash was all that remained as the stash house when police arrived. Steven was later arrested and charged with armed robbery and murder.

Back