Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Much Representation is Enough?

I think we're in a great period of black filmmaking. We're getting more diverse stories, fillms, tv shows etc. Everything aint just black pain being repackaged in one way or another and i'm appreciating that shit for real. Still aint perfect but it's better than it's been in a long time.

As far as representation.. I want more black directors, videographers, makeup artists, actors, producers, lawyers, agents etc..

The more of us that are in the room... the better the end product will be IMO. Still a long way to go.. but progress has for sure been made.

I dont give a fuck about the awards and all that. Theyve shown for decades they are behind how people actually receive and appreciate the shit that comes out and I think overall we should stop giving these out of touch ass academy's the prestige they havent earned

It’s crazy because there’s a black person in every single tv commercial and I don’t trust it.

White people didn’t wake up all of a sudden like we need to put a nigga in everything, they plotting something!
The only plot is to give us enough to not pay attention.
They love to control the narrative

Back