Welcome To aBlackWeb

How many of you can hear your thoughts vs how many of you do not hear a voice in your head

Do you hear your thoughts? Do your thoughts have a voice? Yes or No.

• Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Lived my life never thinking that anybody literally thought different on this topic; so I never thought to ask after 30 years. I hear my thoughts. It's my voice in my head or I can change the voice or tone or volume, but every single thought I've ever had in my life always comes as a voice I hear. I thought everyone was like this until I saw this article on buzzfeed saying nah that ain't the case.
This might not be thread worthy, but just wanted to see how many of y'all do or don't hear your thoughts as a voice.

I have the voice in my head, can’t imagine what it would be like without it.

how do you dispute with yourself without out? Does it make you more spontaneous not having the voice countering your thoughts?

Then there’s also people who can watch a film through and remember every detail, I can watch a film 10 times and still confuse it with another film the actor was in.

brains a fucked up organ, I mean it named itself.

Yeah i learned this recently too, mind completely blown. How do people not have an inner monologue? I guess that's literally why some people think out loud. How do they process information lol

I have the voice in my head, can’t imagine what it would be like without it.

how do you dispute with yourself without out? Does it make you more spontaneous not having the voice countering your thoughts?

Then there’s also people who can watch a film through and remember every detail, I can watch a film 10 times and still confuse it with another film the actor was in.

brains a fucked up organ, I mean it named itself.

I believe that's eidetic memory. That's the right term but some call it photographic memory. They remember images, pictures and motion. They can also read a page or a book and then remember everything on it without trying too hard. A lot of them can close their eyes and watch vacations of long ago through memory in details and close to perfect images.

Last edited:
I hear what I think I hear. If I'm thinking of something my mom used to say, the voice sounds like hers. If I'm thinking of Tesco girl, the voice is hers.... it is whatever I think it is

You know the funny thing? I wouldnt quantify it as actually hearing anything. I dont hear a voice, it's just the manifestation of words. I cant really discern an audio pitch or cadence.

But why yall laughing at me saying I have two voices in my head that argue. What's funny about that ?

Reactions: B_A
Back