Welcome To aBlackWeb

How many of y’all have failed a grade level??

69ef1997192bba57072fafb62cd87317.gif

Technically I failed 7th grade because I got an F in English and one other class. Not because I didn't know the work, but because I did know it and refused to do it again.

Went to summer school for English and, despite the teacher loving my writing, I still got an F 'cause I ain't too keen on doing shit I've already proven I can do with zero effort.

We moved to Detroit later that summer. When school started they tried to have me repeat 7th grade and I'll never forget my moms telling them "No... My son was in a gifted program. Look at the classes he was taking last year: Algebra 1 and 2, Computer Science, college prep Earth Science and Chemistry... What grade do your kids usually get those classes?" And I remember the chick telling her something like 10th and 11th grade. "So then if anything you need to advance my son to the 9th or 10th grade, right?"

They ended up dropping me in the 8th grade where I continued with my tradition of telling teachers they were wrong and proving it, not doing homework, and sleeping in class.

Last edited:
did 10th grade twice and then dropped out

i got kicked out all 3 years and they let me back at the beginning of the next, but I would never make it long

by my second year I didnt even bring a bag or anything

Reading what y'all got bammed for makes me realize how trash California's school system is

I missed a single class over 50 times in a semester and still got passed

Got suspended for fighting every year. Couple of years I got suspended multiple times in a year. Still passed

If I grew up anywhere else I would have been on Billy Madison status

rs-192699-MCDBIMA_EC007_H.jpg smh

Yall remember when George Bush had that no child left behind law?

Thats the only reason I graduated high school. I didnt have enough credits to graduate high school so I shouldnt have been allowed to graduate but they let me graduate.

Shout out to GWB bitch ass for that.

Last edited:
I aint ever get held back or fail a grade but I did have to go to summer school in 8th and retake my math test so i could go to high school

motherfuckers had us in that bitch eating ravioli with loaf bread i was pissed

i still got a folder full of infractions and code outs...ima try to find that shit

its full of "willful disobedience" "just does not care" "im not getting through" "he's given up"

them people were stressing hard lol

Niggaz out here failing finger painting and shit lmao

Never failed a grade but was definitely a classic underachiever...if I didn’t score so high on standardized tests and continue to take weighted/honors courses I’m sure I probably would have failed a year in high school somewhere but since all my grades were weighted I was Gucci...that and my mom was a respected teacher in tha district...that shit caught up wit me in college tho...charm and wit ain’t get me shit but academic probation lmao

Last edited:
I failed 9th grade. My grades were already slipping in 8th grade but I was basically pushed along. Once high school happened I became a different person with all the outside influences. Smoking weed, skipping school & fuckin around with females. Set the tone for the rest of high school. I got myself back on track tho & graduated on time.

Back