How many good or successful relationships have you seen growing up?

Only relationship I paid attention to was my folks. They had good times and bad times. My dad once said that him and my mom will float or sink together. That’s what I saw. A couple that smiled laughed kissed yelled fought and cried together. that’s my idea of a relationship. No matter what My wife and I will float or sink together.

My parents been married almost 40 yrs

My grandparents mother side were married longer both passed

Got two friends i grew up with who married high school sweet hearts. One of my boys wife passed recently they have 5 kids together. Stable and happy before cancer got her.

Other one got married last yr after 12 yr relationship together yet seem better than ever.

Only relationship I paid attention to was my folks. They had good times and bad times. My dad once said that him and my mom will float or sink together. That’s what I saw. A couple that smiled laughed kissed yelled fought and cried together. that’s my idea of a relationship. No matter what My wife and I will float or sink together.
This shit is GOAT.

And I believe this is why you are still with your lady. You must be shown and taught what is good in order to be good.
Its hard to do without a blueprint.

What is considered good and successful?
When the bad times come.....there is no hesitation in having beach others back.
I don't mean fist fighting ...I mean no money and no heat and electricity cut off and its not about who can do better but that they both in it.

When the need to lean on the other person is not a burden but welcomed.

People who outwardly show their loyalty to the relationship and person.

While things can look like that....you can hear and see obvious cracks.

my uncle and aunt..

got married, bought a house, had 2 kids, bought a bigger house, both retired.

kids grown..

one married with children, the other wanted to run the streets and died early..

but no scandals, no cheating or abuse anyone ever heard of...no surprise kids or nuffin like that..

they've had ups and downs and always appeared to have each others backs......