Welcome To aBlackWeb

How has social media helped or hurt the dating landscape?

I think it helped because it introduced people who felt like they were alone, to people who were into things they were into. Making them feel less alone and allowing them to grow into who they are.

I think its made it somewhat more difficult. Theres no connection anymore. Now that i dont drink anymore its hard for me to meet new folks. im already picky enough, but I feel like the social meet up place for adults is the bar. Not many chicks share all the same interests as i do lol. I need to find more hobbies.

yeah im "out the game" but I see this validation and self hate shit all day

chick will be pretty af and post a nice looking pic with a buncha doubtful quotes that kill the shit

"excuse my hair" (hair is literally fine)

"I should have cleaned my nails" (but you didnt...and we're left to deal with this smudge on your right pinky nail smh)

"new do.....I dont really like it" (why oh why in the fuck did you post it then?)

Bruuuuhhhh...talk that talk!! Lol.

Those are the types that seek validation. They looking for compliment.

Social media has made folks narcissistc af! I was at the Bahamas last month, and this chick walking in front of us had her phone damn there glued to her hand.

I'm guessing she was recording for SC...IG...FB...whoeva...wot her phone stretched out making sure she got a shot. Stopped...took few pics of herself...then continue recording. Went to the bar and there she was. Taking multiple pics of herself wit her drink. Smh.

Nigga keep calling it The Ville like we supposed to just know where that’s at. Lmao!

It's always been called The Ville, it's a well known nickname, especially to basketball heads.....

As to social media hurting the game...yeah I've been married 6 years now but seen friends and kin on social media with their dating shit and I can say that shit is hurting the game...telling all your biz on front street on social media smh...that why relationships don't last

It's always been called The Ville, it's a well known nickname, especially to basketball heads.....

As to social media hurting the game...yeah I've been married 6 years now but seen friends and kin on social media with their dating shit and I can say that shit is hurting the game...telling all your biz on front street on social media smh...that why relationships don't last
I’m not that.

Social Media has made it worse. I step to chicks in person I don't have time for dating apps or Facebook and shit. But its like the chicks I come across have nothing to talk about at all. I don't even like to text b. When I get the numbers I call, I don't have time to be wasting going back and forth in a pointless convo that can be wrapped up in a few mins on the phone. I got shit to do....Any chick that sends "wyd" "gm" "wya" is getting curved. If you pull out your phone on a date checking snapchat, Facebook, Instagram you getting curved. I value face to face connections and getting to know someone over the phone. I'm old school.

I smashed chicks I met from MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tinder.. I'm shooting my shot everywhere. YouTube comments, Yelp, forums, you name it haaahaaa

and I mostly meet women when I'm out at bars/clubs/etc.. but even if you get a chick number and give your Instagram or Snapchat to go along with it, it gives an idea of what type of person someone might be (can be deceiving too).. But just think when you meet a chick from the club she might have gave her number to 3 other dudes that night and you maybe had a 5 minute conversation. Her drunk ass can't distinguish one dude from another when you hit her up. But if she has access to some of your social media she might like what she sees in a more memorable way.

The downside is chicks that let social media blow their head up and/or let it shape their outlooks, think it's more than what it is. Can't fuck with someone that's overly invested and doesn't know how to unplug.

Overall social media easily upped my pussy rate for 10+ years. In terms of actual relationships it shouldn't hurt if you're both mature. If there's issues due to social media I think it's deeper.

Very true

I feel like lack of conversation skills says a lot about a person's interests and routine. There's so much to talk about but a lot of broads don't know how to have or hold a conversation.
what up pimpin?

happy boxing day

I think it has helped more than it has hurt. I say this because with social media u are able to meet many more people. I came across my wife in the 80s. dating back then was limited to who u went to school with or who u bumped into at a mall or a party or something. now u can live in jersey and find ur in california without leaving ur house. it also helps connect like minded individuals with each other.

social media has created some issues though. i mean every chick on instagram think she hot and there are way to many thirsty niggas amping these chicks up. still the limitations are based on the user and not necessarily social media.

I truly believe people young and old start relationships just to post cute captions under pics, then break up and post inspirational, rap, and fuck him/her captions for likes and retweets. Shit's pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
Whether it's helping or hurting I guess it just depends on who you are, your intentions or your approach. I can use social media for good or I can use it for some bullshit. I can make great connections with it or cause division.

But I'm also guilty of sending "gm/gn" texts.... Does abbreviating a word make it any less sincere tho?

I mean I've had great conversations through texts. Abbreviations and all.

Social media made pussy go all the way down. You don’t have to have “game” anymore. You can pretend like you and smash before I chick even notice in person

“If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now”

“Flooded the market with it”

Word to Dave Chappelle

It has its good moments but social media is making ppl say fuck love

Last edited:
Back