Welcome To aBlackWeb

How has social media helped or hurt the dating landscape?

This is a good question. I can't say it hurt or helped but a lot of people should be thanking Mark Zuckerburg everyday because without FB, a lot of my classmates will be washed up, looking like Florida Evans & they know it!!!!! A lot of people are obsessed with approval these days & chasing that validation high that they used to get in high school. Social media likes are the most addictive drug. Niggas will do anything for it.

Some of these people turning their relationship into a webisode. They be like "Hey everybody we're live, I'm going to wait until people come into the live..........aight, hey yall, we just woke up about 33 seconds ago. We are sitting at the kitchen island, eating breakfast". Nothing is confidential anymore.

And as stated previously, the art of social skills is at an all time low. Due to it, it made me step my social skills all the way to A1. That's why in a different thread that I said that I strived to be more extroverted because I see face to face communication is dropping at a low rate. Thankfully, I always had charisma, character & animated. Last but not least, it has made the dumbest people believing anything & think they're philosophers. Like I said before "just because it's a meme with a random quote by random author, doesn't mean that it's accurate & true".

Last edited:
Well I can't say whether social media has hurt or helped the dating scene or not b/c I'm not in the dating scene. I'm in my 30's now but I do remember scrolling POF back in my late 20's just to see what the women in my area was looking like back then. I'm just say I wasn't impressed to invest any interest on POF b/c the women either had kids or was busted.

Social media apps like IG & Twitter has really damaged human interaction or relationships by creating egomaniacs on both sides. I've read and seen seen so much shit from msgboards & Twitter about ppls dating experiences/attitudes it has me thinking do ppl really think like this?

Back