Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Come Jay Z Has Never Gone Diamond?

I think part of it is a lack of international appeal. Beyoncé seems to suffer the same thing: immeasurably popular in the US, but internationally they're both eclipsed by other artists. For example, based on what I've read and heard, in the UK Kelly Rowland is way more popular than Beyoncé. On a global scale, Rihanna dwarfs her. But at home, no artist really compares to her. I think there is a similar mechanic at play in Jay's case

I think part of it is a lack of international appeal. Beyoncé seems to suffer the same thing: immeasurably popular in the US, but internationally they're both eclipsed by other artists. For example, based on what I've read and heard, in the UK Kelly Rowland is way more popular than Beyoncé. On a global scale, Rihanna dwarfs her. But at home, no artist really compares to her. I think there is a similar mechanic at play in Jay's case

Is she? Beyonce sells out stadiums In the UK. Not many can

Last edited:
Jay got diamond selling artists throwing the diamond up...
tenor.gif

Yeah but gold, platinum and diamond are US sales. If you go to wikipedia and look up big selling albums, they're split up by country.

Outkast, Eminem, 2Pac all sold 10 million units in the United States

Jeezy said fuck selling 10 million records, he did rather sell 1 million records ten times

Yeah he signed Shakira, Beyonce and Rihanna to RocNation. Niggas are dumb fam, I'd rather own their careers and make money off em as opposed to competing with them and for what !?? LOLOLOLOL HipHop is a business that's what niggas forget....

Non you name are rappers tho... so your point is pointless

That's so narrow-mined dude. What rappers today are consecutively going diamond in 2018 ? Drake isn't even doing that. Why would you want to pigeonhole yourself to just rap when pop music reaches further around the world ? I'd rather have Beyonce, Rihanna, Shakira, Weeknd and Adele signed to me than Drake, Eminem, or Lil Wayne. It's a business at the end of the day and niggas need to understand that. You think Richard Branson, Puffy or Jimmy Iovine only signed rappers ???? LOOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOL

It doesn't matter if Jay never went diamond he has more money and success than any other rapper alive today. The only one who rivals him from a sales perspective is Eminem. 50 Cent sold 50 mil in total (including G-Unit sales) and no one seems to care anymore. Id rather be paid and called overrated than broke and underrated.

Because Hip Hop is the number 1 genre today. Jay Z is just another Rich pawn ...you can save your essay bruh...

I'd rather be involved in hip hop than pop music tbh. I know the two overlap, but let's not pretend like pop music hasn't hurt a lot of what we love about hip hop

Outkast went diamond in the Jay Z era. Granted they only sold 5 million units of a double disc, but Blueprint 2 didn't sell half of that.

You're forgetting Hey Ya and how big that song was. It was nominated for Record of the Year and topped the charts in several countries including the US, Canada and Australia.

White people loved that shit and it was even being played on rock stations.

"The Way You Move" was a hit too but not like "Hey Ya"

Back