Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Come Jay Z Has Never Gone Diamond?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
He's a cultural icon, everybody knows who he is, he has 11 #1 albums, he can afford the best producers, he can get infinate marketing and promotion.

He can get Beyonce to sing his hooks and Kanye to make the beats.

People say his best album is Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album and American Gangster, but none of those are his biggest selling albums.

How come Jay Z can't go diamond?

He's a cultural icon, everybody knows who he is, he has 11 #1 albums, he can afford the best producers, he can get infinate marketing and promotion.

People say his best album is Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album and American Gangster, but none of those are his biggest selling albums.

Because of this guy... And He have went Diamond Twice...The Renegade of Hip -Hop

upload_2018-7-28_14-26-15.gif

He barely he barely can break 5ms so diamond is a distance away.
Nevertheless IF he wanted to have a diamond record I think he could have. Duke is a billionaire I think he can care less at this point.
Plus all Em attracted both white and black cultures where Jz really gravitated towards blacks. Not to make this a race thing but .....

Can care less if he did, tho surpised he hasnt with at least one album.

He fell in an era where gold n plat were just achievable. For most of his career.

Based off of when Em went diamond between 2002-2004 Jay dropped Black Album (which was EXCELLENT) yet only achieved 3x plat.

So I guess it was the way the industry try to push an artist and Jz really didn't have that commercial crossover ability like Em... I'm not the biggest Jz fan anymore but I was a hov head and there's no way Em is better than Jz.

What I've noticed from artists that sell crazy units is that they're either anomalies or they talk about pain

in their music Nelly(anomaly) first star from St.Louis,we never saw that before,DMX(Pain) talks about

how bad his life is which is more relatable to the audience,Eminem (anomaly,and pain),a lyrical white

rapper who also talks about how bad his life is. Ja Rule (pain and anomaly),talks about pain,has a big

voice. 6ix 9ine(anomaly) a mexican "blood" with rainbow hair, we never saw it before. Juvenile

(Anomaly) unless you were born and raised in N O you never heard anything like HA before. Rappers

that sell crazy units are polarizing,Jay-Z was never a rah rah artist he just has great talent and makes

great music and his consistency gives him the best catalogue in rap .

Outkast went diamond in the Jay Z era. Granted they only sold 5 million units of a double disc, but Blueprint 2 didn't sell half of that.

Outkast went diamond in the Jay Z era. Granted they only sold 5 million units of a double disc, but Blueprint 2 didn't sell half of that.
Maybe because BP2 should'nt have been a double disc in the first place as evidenced by the condensed version that was released

And love below wasn't really a double cd to begin with

C'mon Grand

I mean

white folks make up bout 70% of sales, so if you're goin multi-platinum majority of the buyers are white
Nah brah, for em to be selling those kinds of records, that's all those emo kids "slim shady" used to appeal to

He ugly

Nah brah, for em to be selling those kinds of records, that's all those emo kids "slim shady" used to appeal to

I kno, prolly should've expounded

em got the whites who also bought nwa that enjoy rap, as well as the whites who say "I don't like rap, but em is my favorite rapper"

that's how & why he's sells

Back