Honeymoon Phase: How Long Did It Last?

Chicity

Certified Boogie Man
Site Administrator
Jan 18, 2017
Standing On Business
Whether its your current relationship or ya last relationship, how long did it last?

What popped the bubble and made you (yall) realize it was over?

honeymoon phase?

are you asking when did you know it was time to leave or moving out of the novelty stage?

You never heard the term 'honeymoon phase'?
i heard it used in multiple instances....like just getting married and then normal life kicks in and i heard it used as in the happy times...the first months.....

Reactions: Chicity
i'd say the first year but it wasnt all sweet.....I was fighting a case and trying to get my daughter, and she lost her grandmother/dad and the rest of her people stopped talking to her

so really the 2nd year was more about getting to us....lots of dates, trips, lunch sex, etc

I was working 2 jobs and would get off and pass up my place to drive 30 mins to hers......to get in bed for maybe 4 hours

imo the HM phase is over once you and your partner have smelled each other's shit.....literally and figuratively

i'd say the first year but it wasnt all sweet.....I was fighting a case and trying to get my daughter, and she lost her grandmother/dad and the rest of her people stopped talking to her

so really the 2nd year was more about getting to us....lots of dates, trips, lunch sex, etc

I was working 2 jobs and would get off and pass up my place to drive 30 mins to hers......to get in bed for maybe 4 hours

imo the HM phase is over once you and your partner have smelled each other's shit.....literally and figuratively
Interesting that it happened well after yall were established

But it makes sense giving the dynamic

You smellin ya spouse shit is crazy tho

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
yeah the beginning was just too busy and we were going thru heavy shit

but yeah i try to explain this to young couples all the time....keep that mystery mane

the figurative part is way more than the literal part about smelling shit lol

not really knowing anything (good or bad) about a person is a luxury.....you get to form your own ideas or not even think about it all and just take in what you're getting at that time

but years of watching someones habits or ways or lifestyle choices can really smear that image lol....it doesnt even have to be anything bad

yeah the beginning was just too busy and we were going thru heavy shit

but yeah i try to explain this to young couples all the time....keep that mystery mane

the figurative part is way more than the literal part about smelling shit lol

not really knowing anything (good or bad) about a person is a luxury.....you get to form your own ideas or not even think about it all and just take in what you're getting at that time

but years of watching someones habits or ways or lifestyle choices can really smear that image lol....it doesnt even have to be anything bad
For sure

The mystery for some folks is the allure

Umm, my first relationship probably two years in.

My other relationship was after he came to visit me, he turned crazy. We were off an on for like a year and a half. Long distance shit. I don’t remember much of the time frames.

• Goat
Reactions: Chicity
I suspect that what you're speaking about is either a mutual or symbiotic form of what Social Physchology calls limerence in romantic involvements, or "a state of mind which results from a romantic attraction to another person and typically includes obsessive thoughts and fantasies and a desire to form or maintain a relationship with the object of love and have one's feelings reciprocated. Limerence can also be defined as an involuntary state of intense romantic desire." Also better known in laysman'a term as a "buzz" "crush" or evem more vaguely a "vibe" .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence

Reciprocated crush between lovers, a married couple or sexual partners usually laspes on an average from a few months to one year, with a fewer rare exceptions lasting a few more years. Afterwards, the somewhat addictive brainstorms of both pheromonal, emotional and sexuoerotic spikes rapidly fades out overtime as thecouple grew less prompt to idealize each other, while their bodies and minds in the meantime simply acts the same way most any body does against most light drugs: growing more resilient to its ecsastic effects and dependability.

Can't say if ever had one. At least not the typical one.

When we started talkin...I was still dealin wit my ex. That relationship pretty much was rotting away. So by the time that was dead & buried... I emotionally drained.

So if there was a "honey moon" period...it was b4 we made things official. We was more loose then when I became single.

Never had it neither. I had a few crushes and headstrong infatuations toward some women in my life, but never the whole honeymoon phase.

For me and my wife it was a year and some months, our son was born 11 months into the marriage and that changed everything. My wife is 3 years older than me so she didn't wanna wait with having kids. We're going on 9 years now with 4 kids.

Reactions: JohnSmithCAN