Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Matt Ryan

HOF or FOH: Matt Ryan

• Total voters
This isn't the Naismith HOF, putting up cumulative stats (in an offense-driven era) doesn't make one worthy of entry.

He had 1 elite level season and he fumbled the bag on the biggest stage to end it.

Hasn't sniffed greatness ever since.

Shouldn't even be a discussion.

This isn't the Naismith HOF, putting up cumulative stats (in an offense-driven era) doesn't make one worthy of entry.

He had 1 elite level season and he fumbled the bag on the biggest stage to end it.

Hasn't sniffed greatness ever since.

Shouldn't even be a discussion.
Then alot of those guys wouldn't be in the hall of fame with this theory lol this doesn't make sense

Then alot of those guys wouldn't be in the hall of fame with this theory lol this doesn't make sense

I doubt that.

Most of the HOF QB's have a SB, otherwise have multiple All-Pro's or seasons with elite numbers i.e passing yardage or TD leader.

Even in his MVP year, he led in Attempts and Completions and still couldn't get passing or TD. Product of Shannahan's system, history has proven that year to be an outlier in his career.

He is however currently leading the league in Ints, Fumbles and Total turnovers, hence his benching.

I doubt that.

Most of the HOF QB's have a SB, otherwise have multiple All-Pro's or seasons with elite numbers i.e passing yardage or TD leader.

Even in his MVP year, he led in Attempts and Completions and still couldn't get passing or TD. Product of Shannahan's system, history has proven that year to be an outlier in his career.

He is however currently leading the league in Ints, Fumbles and Total turnovers, hence his benching.
Bruh there are guys in the HOF who numbers isn't amazing but they're in there....all those nfl records he's broken as a qb has his resume looking good anyway
Screenshot_20221026-163252_Chrome.jpg
Can't say it with straight face then he isn't HOF worthy and he's done stuff like this

Bruh there are guys in the HOF who numbers isn't amazing but they're in there....all those nfl records he's broken as a qb has his resume looking good anyway

Can't say it with straight face then he isn't HOF worthy and he's done stuff like this

HOF candidacy is heavily influenced by comparison to the player's peers; SB wins, All-Pros, Pro Bowls, stats leading.

QB's are also judged by their playoff wins and win totals, not a carefully-selected "most reg. season wins in his first 5" stat.

Those other stats commendable as they are, are comparison with players of the past. Also are influenced by the passing conducive era of his (Ryan) time. A benefit players of old weren't afforded.

If he did all that and still couldn't have multiple seasons where he rose above his QB peers in any key factors then it speaks only to his durability and consistency of above average/good QB play.

HOF candidacy is heavily influenced by comparison to the player's peers; SB wins, All-Pros, Pro Bowls, stats leading.

QB's are also judged by their playoff wins and win totals, not a carefully-selected "most reg. season wins in his first 5" stat.

Those other stats commendable as they are, are comparison with players of the past. Also are influenced by the passing conducive era of his (Ryan) time. A benefit players of old weren't afforded.

If he did all that and still couldn't have multiple seasons where he rose above his QB peers in any key factors then it speaks only to his durability and consistency of above average/good QB play.
There are players with losing record in the playoffs in the HOF....there are players in there with slim to none pro bowls, all pro awards in the HOF....consistency is how most players get in canton....if dan fouts is in the HOF so can ryan

There are players with losing record in the playoffs in the HOF....there are players in there with slim to none pro bowls, all pro awards in the HOF....consistency is how most players get in canton....if dan fouts is in the HOF so can ryan

Those players aren't QBs. QBs are judged differently to other positions.

Fouts' accomplishments are far more illustrious than Ryan's.
  • NFL Offensive Player of the Year (Ryan - 1)
  • 2× First-team All-Pro (Ryan - 1)
  • 2× Second-team All-Pro (Ryan - 0)
  • 6× Pro Bowl (Ryan - 4)
  • 4× NFL Passing leader (Ryan - 0)
  • 2× NFL Passing TD leader (Ryan - 0)
  • NFL 1980s All-Decade Team (Ryan - 0)
Rich Gannon has better spell of elite play than Ryan but didnt have his longevity or he'd be in.
  • MVP (2002)
  • 2× First-team All-Pro (2000, 2002)
  • 4× Pro Bowl (19992002)
  • NFL passing leader (2002)

Those players aren't QBs. QBs are judged differently to other positions.

Fouts' accomplishments are far more illustrious than Ryan's.
  • NFL Offensive Player of the Year (Ryan - 1)
  • 2× First-team All-Pro (Ryan - 1)
  • 2× Second-team All-Pro (Ryan - 0)
  • 6× Pro Bowl (Ryan - 4)
  • 4× NFL Passing leader (Ryan - 0)
  • 2× NFL Passing TD leader (Ryan - 0)
  • NFL 1980s All-Decade Team (Ryan - 0)
Rich Gannon has better spell of elite play than Ryan but didnt have his longevity or he'd be in.
  • MVP (2002)
  • 2× First-team All-Pro (2000, 2002)
  • 4× Pro Bowl (19992002)
  • NFL passing leader (2002)
Look at fout's numbers then look at ryan's numbers....it takes more than pro bowl and all pro mentions to get in the hall of fame...hell even carson palmer led the in td passes in 2005 those type of accolades don't hold alot of weight lol

Look at fout's numbers then look at ryan's numbers....it takes more than pro bowl and all pro mentions to get in the hall of fame...hell even carson palmer led the in td passes in 2005 those type of accolades don't hold alot of weight lol

Yo that nigga said this...

Then carefully selected Dan Fouts resume................................ :hahaha:

Why is Rivers getting in?
Been to more pro bowls than Ben. Ryan should get in respecially with two more pro bowls. People don't seem to understand that most of the QBs in the HOF where not as good stat wise or pro bowls. That has improved due to rule changes but not all QBs have done it.

Been to more pro bowls than Ben. Ryan should get in respecially with two more pro bowls. People don't seem to understand that most of the QBs in the HOF where not as good stat wise or pro bowls. That has improved due to rule changes but not all QBs have done it.
Pro bowls don't hold much weight anymore

This man has Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez and couldn't get the job done.....F.....O......H

Pro bowls don't hold much weight anymore
I don't see how they don't. That is how players get in. Joe Flacco won't get into the HOF with a super bowl win. Why? He has not even made one pro bowl. The only QBs better than Rivers during his career where Brady, Peyton and Brees, maybe Warner. Ryan is after that.

I don't see how they don't. That is how players get in. Joe Flacco won't get into the HOF with a super bowl win. Why? He has not even made one pro bowl. The only QBs better than Rivers during his career where Brady, Peyton and Brees, maybe Warner. Ryan is after that.
They're popularity contest now. Players get in by name or past achievements. I've seen players have average or below average years and get a pro bowl lol

Yo that nigga said this...

Then carefully selected Dan Fouts resume................................ :hahaha:
Carson did it for ONE year. Doesn't even have the breath of accomplishments to even rival Ryan's.

All-pros and nfl decade team and being leader multiple stats are not carefully selected. Those are probably written next to his plaque in canton.

If I wanted, I could have said he was the first QB with consecutive 4k passing yards seasons. That has more merit than that ryan one 'cause this is both a comparison to his peers and the past, but I didn't.

Anyway, I'm sure our differing points with be mentioned when his name is called up. We'll see what they decide.

Carson did it for ONE year. Doesn't even have the breath of accomplishments to even rival Ryan's.

All-pros and nfl decade team and being leader multiple stats are not carefully selected. Those are probably written next to his plaque in canton.

If I wanted, I could have said he was the first QB with consecutive 4k passing yards seasons. That has more merit than that ryan one 'cause this is both a comparison to his peers and the past, but I didn't.

Anyway, I'm sure our differing points with be mentioned when his name is called up. We'll see what they decide.

Yes it is.

Cause you damn sure didn't mention Fouts 1 to 1 TD to Int ratio. lol

But however you or I feel, Ryan in getting into the HOF.................:js4:

Back