Welcome To aBlackWeb

Paramount + Hitsville: The Making of Motown

I just watch. Wouldn't have known about this if not for this thread.

Man this was a dope watch. Detroit has so much history and watching stuff like this just brings me so much pride that this is where I'm from despite the constant negativity the media says about Detroit.

We need some more Detroit people in here.

My mom and uncle grew up in the North End off 12th street right by Motown. They got tons of stories about growing up in the 60s in Detroit.

@konceptjones
@313 Wayz

I just watch. Wouldn't have known about this if not for this thread.

Man this was a dope watch. Detroit has so much history and watching stuff like this just brings me so much pride that this is where I'm from despite the constant negativity the media says about Detroit.

We need some more Detroit people in here.

My mom and uncle grew up in the North End off 12th street right by Motown. They got tons of stories about growing up in the 60s in Detroit.

@konceptjones
@313 Wayz

We moved to Tha D in '85, however I already had plenty of family in Tha D over off Gratiot and State Fair, so we would visit often when I was a kid.

In '77, on the 10th Anniversary of the Detroit Riots, we came to march in the protest that had been organized. There are pictures of me that had been taken at the event, 5 years old, holding a banner and marching down Woodward in my dashiki and afro.

We used to go to Boblo all the time, Belle Isle when the Zoo was poppin and when the giant slide was the shit. My stepfather always made a point to stop off at White Castles or Popeye's 'cause we didn't have either one in Saginaw.

I fuckin love Tha D. Been scoping out cribs there recently, thinking of copping a joint for the low over in Bagley that I can renovate and move into. It's about time for me to make my return to the city.

And they still bet like they on the corner lol

Dope to see them still connected. Didn't like that Diana wasn't there. I gotta find out what happened with them

Yeah, That Heard It Through the Grapevine bet was wild, And they still had to call a third person to confirm who was right.

It's wild they still remember who recorded what some 50+ years.

Niggas now can't remember studio sessions from 3 years ago.

Saw this a while back. Learned a lot. I have a whole new appreciation for Motown.

Back