Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Duwop

I'm the 3rd little piggy, imma fuck wit dem bricks
Mod Squad
Jan 18, 2017
Baltimore Charm City Maryland
What's more important to you as a fan?

I'll use the example of Jay-z since this is where the argument came from.

Dudes were discussing Jay vs Drake on the radio yesterday, and niggaz said Jay isn't Hov because of his hits...he's him because of his album tracks

the d'evils, 22 2'2, momma loves me, meet the parents, friend or foe, imaginary players, me, lyrical exercise, you must love me, all i need, shit like that....

al drake is known for is his singles....but the drake side was like...that's okay..he's the king of hits....and that's all that matters....

of course i'm like naw.. u need them album tracks....but it's more than just me in the world, so i ask yall....

what's more important...the ability to drop an insane single.....or have a solid album from start to finish

Last edited:
Solid album from front to back, I don't even listen to radio singles, I actually skip them shits when listening to a person's album.

I prefer a solid track number 7 over a radio single.
it's funny cuz we're in the era of the single..

i think that's why most us older heads who remember good albums only fuck with artist like kendrick, jcole, schoolboy..cuz they stil aking full albums instead instead of just singles
like right no american dreamin is on my pandora.....one of the best tracks from the american gangster album, but the lead single ws roc boys

Reactions: Black 🖤
it's funny cuz we're in the era of the single..

i think that's why most us older heads who remember good albums only fuck with artist like kendrick, jcole, schoolboy..cuz they stil aking full albums instead instead of just singles
like right no american dreamin is on my pandora.....one of the best tracks from the american gangster album, but the lead single ws roc boys

I understand the whole reason for a single but nowadays most singles are just corny and lack substance for the most part and what I mean by that, the artist losing himself when making such single. I'd prefer that the album drop with no single.
When singles came out in Jay-z era the single still had their DNA in it and the shit was a good song
Some may not like Ross but he's about the only one in the game maybe Future and a few others where they stick to their script no matter what the labels may want them to put out.

Reactions: BDP™️
Full album will always be >>> hit singles

hit singles dont guarantee longevity

hit singles to me are like appetizers and the album is the main course.

appetizers might get you in the door but if the main course is wack...chances are you aint eating from there no more

I might get wacked...but as much as he gets flack...Drakes albums are solid. Now whether he wrote all of it....

i think drake is the king of singles..

drake, 2chains, migos, future, all these are singles niggaz... imo.....

haven't heard a track yet that wasn't on the radio from any of their fans....

i'm sure goldie can post a bunch of non radio future shit.....but that's what he's known as....

i think drake is the king of singles..

drake, 2chains, migos, future, all these are singles niggaz... imo.....

haven't heard a track yet that wasn't on the radio from any of their fans....

i'm sure goldie can post a bunch of non radio future shit.....but that's what he's known as....

Being that Future's lane is turn up/party music

any track on his albums could be a single...especially his recent stuff

Purple Reign and DS2...you can play those whole albums in the club no skips

Reactions: Goldie 🔫💰
I prefer a solid album. I like being able to listen to an album and not having to skip tracks.

I must admit that even tho Im not a huge Future fan, DS2 is an album I have played probably 100 times without skipping tracks. I give credit where credit is due.

I prefer a solid album. I like being able to listen to an album and not having to skip tracks.

I must admit that even tho Im not a huge Future fan, DS2 is an album I have played probably 100 times without skipping tracks. I give credit where credit is due.
better than crunk music???

don't lie

Ofc a full album of bangers is better than just the singles, but it depends on who you're fan of. Drake's b-sides are just as dope as the singles imo, but I fuck with homie. It depends on who you're asking.

I agree. Nothing was the Same was so nice to me. I anticipated more from Views, but ehhhhhh.

Same here, I fuck with NWTS heavy, I still feel Take Care is a classic, I play that shit from front to back all the time.

Reactions: BDP™️