Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-07-24

It's not on Canadian Netflix? Thought I was tripping but it's not on here. That's a first.

I really enjoyed this film. It was humorous and I like how the story was told through the lens of philosophy. Idk if Glen Powell is a star but he operates like one everytime he's on screen, very charismatic. Was impressed how he was able to do different versions of a hitman and the chemistry between him and Adria was present

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I got to about 55 minutes. Meh. I'll finish this some other time. I'm gonna play some 2k.

26185d3a74bad5d2d1bcb17f200270a4d1ae78d2.gifv

b2ed81c077ab5e1a6d6ddd6b457d1cf808f68169.gifv

531ed0278afd2fa0c1536e6ec21f447033bcfec2.gifv

Fake it & Make it

PRAISE : I thought the trailer for this movie was kind of bland and i wasnt going o give it a minute of my time but then i heard it was based on a few true stories i had read about a few years ago. Glen Powell portrays Gary Johnson, a college professor who has been assisting the police department with menial tasks but has to step in as a fake hitman to lure people into hiring him and basically getting them to talk about murder set ups. Powell has charisma and then some and is pretty funny as he alters his appearance and voice throughout the movie. His romance in the movie with Adria Arjona as Maddy Masters works not only because of the chemistry between the two but the rules they set up for each other that sounds like they're going to work.Writers Richard Linklater & Glen Powell wisely place a The Town thread in the movie that adds to the this is going to be a problem factor.Plus there's another complicated twist that worked partially. There's a good amount of clever writing in this that adds up to some fun and involving moments in the movie.Nice nods to Hit Man movies and T.V shows

PROBLEMS: I do feel like the climax of the film felt a bit abrupt,and they throw something in to easily eliminate a problem,just a little to neat and clean for me.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 7½

Back