Welcome To aBlackWeb

Highlander (TBA)

Chad Stahelski is finally making his long-gestating Highlander movie. The director has been developing the project since 2016, and now has set it as his next film.

Henry Cavill is attached to star in Highlander, a reimagining of the 1986 film of the same name that starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortals who must battle to collect more power. Because as the movieā€™s tagline goes, ā€œthere can only be oneā€ immortal left standing.

Highlanderā€™s green light is part of a sweeping new deal Stahelski and Lionsgate announced Tuesday. The pact will give Stahelski oversight of two franchises: Highlander and John Wick, the latter of which has spanned four films directed by Stahelski and starring Keanu Reeves. Those films, and Stahelksiā€™s stunt-focused 87Eleven Entertainment, have been praised for reinventing the action genre, with the latest installment standing as the series highest grossing with $440 million globally.

My watching of highlander was sporadic. Seen a couple episodes of the show and seen a few movies. What I found out recently was that they were aliens, which sounds dumb. I never seen the highlander 2 where they reveled that. Hope they redo the origins

Back