Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hertz is selling cars for the low due to bankruptcy

Yeaaa & no. That article title is 100% click bait. First off Hertz is selling cars at a non negotiable price and all the prices are at the bottom of Kelley Blue Book Value. That alone make me think a program automatically sets it. They've also been doing this before the bankruptcy. All their dealership lots were just old cars from their rental fleet, theres just a lot more of them now.
And more importantly, all the cars are super base models. So you already know every interior is the absolute cheapest everything they could get the manufacturer to make. Also you cant forget the rental miles on them. Rental miles are harder than regular miles from private owners. The only exception is the luxury cars, those arnt going to be driven hard, but who wants a base model luxury car for a few grand cheaper?
But if you just need a cheap car and want something newish and dont care about the interior or rental miles, you can get 2018 or newer compact car for like 10 grand

I bought a 1yr old car with 30k miles on it cause it was a formal rental, it held up like a champ. Rental cars are required to be serviced at regular intervals so it’s not the risk that it appears to be.

My wife did too.

Back