Welcome To aBlackWeb

Henry Ruggs III, WR with LV Raiders, Sentenced 3 to 10 Years for Killing Driver of Vehicle Involved In Accident He Caused While Drunk Driving

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
1635881624935.png

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was involved in a fatal car crash on Tuesday morning in Las Vegas that resulted in the death of one person. According to police, Ruggs' Chevrolet Corvette collided into the rear of a Toyota Rav4, resulting in the death of the person inside.

The Las Vegas Metro Police Department released details of the crash to the public on Tuesday afternoon, describing Ruggs as showing "signs of impairment" after he got out of the car. He had non-life-threatening injuries.

"On November 2, at approximately 3:39 a.m., the LVMPD responded to a traffic collision near the intersection of South Rainbow Boulevard and South Spring Valley Parkway, involving a Chevrolet Corvette and a Toyota Rav4. Responding officers located the Toyota on fire. Fire department personnel responded and located a deceased victim inside the Toyota. The preliminary investigation indicates the front of the Chevrolet collided with the rear of the Toyota. The driver of the Chevrolet, identified as 22-year-old Henry Rugs III, remained on scene and showed signs of impairment. He was transported to UMC hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Ruggs will be charged with DUI resulting in death. This is an on-going investigation."

The Associated Press reported that Ruggs had a female passenger in his car who was injured and transported to the hospital. She has not been identified.

According to the police, Ruggs will be charged with DUI resulting in death. There are no details available regarding how the crash happened or what injuries Ruggs sustained. As the investigation is ongoing, it's not clear when Ruggs will be charged. In Nevada, DUI resulting in death carries a prison sentence of 2 to 20 years.

Ruggs, 22, was picked No. 12 overall by the Raiders in the 2020 draft. His attorneys, David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld, released a statement on his behalf.

“On behalf of our client Henry Ruggs III, we are conducting our own investigation as of this writing and ask everyone to reserve judgement until all the facts are gathered.”​

The Raiders also released a statement about the crash.

Thats incredibly unfortunate. RIP to the victim, definitely didnt deserve to go out that way.

Sucks to see players lose their livelihood and all their dreams go down the toilet over something that could have been completely avoided.

If i busted my ass my entire life and made it all the way to a professional sports team, i would be the most straight edged person in the world trying not to fuck that up.

Thats incredibly unfortunate. RIP to the victim, definitely didnt deserve to go out that way.

Sucks to see players lose their livelihood and all their dreams go down the toilet over something that could have been completely avoided.

If i busted my ass my entire life and made it all the way to a professional sports team, i would be the most straight edged person in the world trying not to fuck that up.

I legit don't understand how these dudes don't understand this shit right here. This dude about to lose EVERYTHING and it 100% could have been avoided. Fuck alladat. I make it to the big time, I'm at the crib chillin' on the couch sending someone out to get my shit if I need something. No way in the world I would ever get behind the wheel after so much as a White Claw.

Fam, he might never see the streets ever again. I was just telling my brother this earlier today; NV don't play with that shit. That's pretty much an automatic 25-to-life sentence out here.

Even for a 1st time offender?

News jus said that charge is 2 to 20 years.

With him being a celebrity, 1st time offender, shows contrition and willingly offers to pay off the family. I think he'll get more like 5 years. Then prolly out in 3 w good behavior

Even for a 1st time offender?

News jus said that charge is 2 to 20 years.

With him being a celebrity, 1st time offender, shows contrition and willingly offers to pay off the family. I think he'll get more like 5 years. Then prolly out in 3 w good behavior

Just checked the NRS on it: Yeah, they're right - 2-20 for a first time offense, 25-life if you've already had a DUI conviction.

Back