FEATURED Healthcare professionals are being urged to use the term “bonus hole” to avoid offending trans patients.

test
To answer your post, No I don’t think this enough to affect things on a grandiose scale that people are so fearful of

Things are proposed and suggested all the time but don’t enter the lexicon of the masses seemingly everyday

Okay, I respect that. It might be more productive to approach it from that angle as it is certainly more sincere. What do you say to those who bring up other things that they were told or assumed wasn't on it's way in to common parlance? For example, birthing people was a term that was said to only be used in academic and healthcare circles; however, it didn't take too long for politicians to start using it and legislating with that language.

Okay, I respect that. It might be more productive to approach it from that angle as it is certainly more sincere. What do you say to those who bring up other things that they were told or assumed wasn't on its way in to common parlance? For example, birthing people was a term that was said to only be used in academic and healthcare circles; however, it didn't take too long for politicians to start using it and legislating with that language.
I mean, for everything people eventually adopted I’m sure there’s 10 things they didn’t adopt. If there’s no serious push for this I don’t see the need for such an emphasis on the outrage

Maybe people against trans rights just want to nip things in the bud.

I understand the fear some have of trans people having too much power, however what’s the doomsday scenario for people on this issue?

That after they are dead already that their children will have more inclusive terms to use?

I mean, for everything people eventually adopted I’m sure there’s 10 things they didn’t adopt. If there’s no serious push for this I don’t see the need for such an emphasis on the outrage

Maybe people against trans rights just want to nip things in the bud.

I understand the fear some have of trans people having too much power, however what’s the doomsday scenario for people on this issue?

That after they are dead already that their children will have more inclusive terms to use?

I can't speak to how your first two sentences go as far as countering the point so I'll hold back. If that quells any fears is probably dependent on the person.

Is changing speech to be more inclusive anyone's right? I don't think anyone here advocated for any rights to be curtailed. People believe that it's a slippery slope situation i.e., where does it end. Why are we deconstructing people in to base bodily functions? Why is there a push for women to be called menstruators because a MTF might not feel included if we continue to connect women with periods? What is the purpose of such rash action to accommodate a mental aspect of a very, very small percentage of people?

I don't think people are worried about their children having more inclusive terms. For example, from the original post in this thread it is stated that some believe "this language is demeaning and reinforces harmful stereotypes" and that "replacing the term "vagina" with "bonus hole" is problematic as it diminishes the significance and complexity of female anatomy."

I don't think, I honest don't, that the pushback is all bigotry, man. I mean if you can admit that "bonus hole" is weird, why is aversion to the changing of speech in this way such a big leap? And this plays in to the larger, admittedly media-fueled, trans debate. Why should women accept biological men in to their spaces? Why should they be forced to compete against them in sports?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just don't get that side of the debate. To me, it seems like it has become less about these people living their lives the want they want to and more about us changing our worlds to fit their mental fantasy. I think I might've mentioned it before but I don't see the rationale to allowing someone's self-expression to determine their rights. It doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm black, a minority. I can't choose to be anything else. I can't fake white, I can't pass as white, I can't change my name to be more white and then demand everyone treat me as white.

I can't speak to how your first two sentences go as far as countering the point so I'll hold back. If that quells any fears is probably dependent on the person.

Is changing speech to be more inclusive anyone's right? I don't think anyone here advocated for any rights to be curtailed. People believe that it's a slippery slope situation i.e., where does it end. Why are we deconstructing people in to base bodily functions? Why is there a push for women to be called menstruators because a MTF might not feel included if we continue to connect women with periods? What is the purpose of such rash action to accommodate a mental aspect of a very, very small percentage of people?

I don't think people are worried about their children having more inclusive terms. For example, from the original post in this thread it is stated that some believe "this language is demeaning and reinforces harmful stereotypes" and that "replacing the term "vagina" with "bonus hole" is problematic as it diminishes the significance and complexity of female anatomy."

I don't think, I honest don't, that the pushback is all bigotry, man. I mean if you can admit that "bonus hole" is weird, why is aversion to the changing of speech in this way such a big leap? And this plays in to the larger, admittedly media-fueled, trans debate. Why should women accept biological men in to their spaces? Why should they be forced to compete against them in sports?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just don't get that side of the debate. To me, it seems like it has become less about these people living their lives the want they want to and more about us changing our worlds to fit their mental fantasy. I think I might've mentioned it before but I don't see the rationale to allowing someone's self-expression to determine their rights. It doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm black, a minority. I can't choose to be anything else. I can't fake white, I can't pass as white, I can't change my name to be more white and then demand everyone treat me as white.
I feel you man

Good talk

Asked someone I know that's an ultrasound tech and she said legally they aren't telling people to use the term but it is being asked to be used

Said there's another term for breasts but couldn't remember what it was

So I'll concede that it's real. World needs to stop being so worried about offending someone

Ima take Kandy advice and get out more, hit these streets and grab these bitches by the bonus hole.

• Haha
Reactions: DOS_patos