Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has A Social Media “Influencer” Ever Actually “Influenced” You?

Allah_U_Akbar

Don’t know if y’all would consider Tariq Nasheed to be an influencer, but, just for the sake of argument, let’s say he is.

I’ll admit… He has kinda changed the way I view some non-FBA’s.

I used to pretty much view all black people (globally) as just THATBLACK PEOPLE!
But, now I’ve learned that not every black person feels that way about us (Americans).

I’m still cool with anybody who’s cool with me (African, Caribbean, etc…).

But, sometimes in the back of my mind, I’m kinda wondering how they really feel about me.

I ain’t gonna lie… Brother Tariq (for better or for worse) has a lot to do with my current mind state in regards to non-FBA’s.

You?

They've had me questioned my career choice a little lol but I don't want my personal life out like that so props to them for not caring for views and money I guess 🤷‍♂️

no-will-smith.gif

Frag comm has definitely influenced by smell good collection and I've gotten some great meal ideas by some chefs I follow on IG. Influencers that have make every single bit of their lives "content" annoy me.

I suppose Joe Rogan. I used to listen to his podcast consistently about...damn, it feels life 10 years ago. It may have been even longer than that. The influence came in my openness to shrooms, weed, and yoga. I really wasn't into either before Rogan.

Don’t know if y’all would consider Tariq Nasheed to be an influencer, but, just for the sake of argument, let’s say he is.

I’ll admit… He has kinda changed the way I view some non-FBA’s.

I used to pretty much view all black people (globally) as just THATBLACK PEOPLE!
But, now I’ve learned that not every black person feels that way about us (Americans).

I’m still cool with anybody who’s cool with me (African, Caribbean, etc…).

But, sometimes in the back of my mind, I’m kinda wondering how they really feel about me.

I ain’t gonna lie… Brother Tariq (for better or for worse) has a lot to do with my current mind state in regards to non-FBA’s.

You?

It's always been my experience that certain Africans tended to look down their noses at us. I've caught it from Nigerians, Egyptians, Somalis, and Ethiopians. Dominicans don't even consider themselves Black. Lotta folks from the islands and Guyana cool and might have jokes and shit, but that's about it.

I suppose Joe Rogan. I used to listen to his podcast consistently about...damn, it feels life 10 years ago. It may have been even longer than that. The influence came in my openness to shrooms, weed, and yoga. I really wasn't into either before Rogan.
Shhh! Dont tell these niggas you listen to Joe Rogan!

It's always been my experience that certain Africans tended to look down their noses at us. I've caught it from Nigerians, Egyptians, Somalis, and Ethiopians. Dominicans don't even consider themselves Black. Lotta folks from the islands and Guyana cool and might have jokes and shit, but that's about it.

My thing is I don’t see cuz my area is not as diverse and the majority of blacks by far are from here. But when I see the lil beef online and I know it comes from being joked on school most likely I don’t get as upset.

My American arrogance comes out and I’m like how can I be offended by people who literally let the invader take everything? Yes we were slaves and we lost a lot. But Africans had schools, forms of government, medical institutions before white folks and they just let them take it. Their opinion means nothing to me if that’s how they feeling.

That's still a very much overstated generalization about Dominicans and trust me I'd be the 1st to throw them under the bus but that shit is something that's been grossly confused due to different understandings of race and ethnicity. And you can find that in the Caribbean and Central America in general.

As for the thread outside of food or different places to find shit I already like not really. But I'm also not a person who follows or listens to "lifestyle" influencers. I'd actually have to know a person personally for their words or pov to truly have an impact

If a Tariq Nasheed or Umar Johnson gets mentioned here these plantation minions line up in single file to spew vitriol and let everyone know its fuck them

But every time white supremacist Joe Biden is in the news it's for saying or doing something extremely anti-black and you don't hear a peep from the abw sunken place all stars. Yall have no vitriol no smoke whatsoever for someone who is proactively doing everything he can to undermine your black community.

Back