Welcome To aBlackWeb

Harlem Strikes Again: Mother Killed After Her and Fiance Confront Man Who Groped Her On Street

A Harlem mom was fatally shot after she and her fiance confronted a man who had just groped her on the street, police said Monday as they pressed their search for the gunman. Shadina Smith left her apartment on W. 150th St. near Frederick Douglass Blvd. about 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 16, then rushed back to tell her boyfriend that a man had grabbed her, authorities said. The 26-year-old fiance and Smith, 29, went outside and confronted the groper, sparking an argument that led to gunfire.
The couple was caught in a hail of bullets inside the first-floor hallway of their apartment building, cops said. The fiance was hit in the chest and left arm and Smith was struck three times in the chest.

Both were taken to Harlem Hospital, where Smith died. Her fiance has since been released from the hospital. Detectives found shell casings outside the building, leading them to believe that the gunman fired from outside the building. He has not been caught. “It’s been a horrific nightmare situation,” said her aunt, Corine Booker, 33, of Virginia. Booker’s 52-year-old brother is Smith’s father, and the two women grew close in part because they were so close in age. Smith leaves behind a one-and-a-half year old son, Uriel, Booker said.
“She was very invested in her son and his future. I hate that he won’t be able to know how wonderful and how resilient she was. She did not pout,” she said. “We just want to make sure to give him all that love.”

Booker said she heard Smith’s fiance’s account of what happened, and it gave her chills.
“Was she in pain, what was she thinking before she died? Was she cold?” Booker asked.
Booker described her niece as a “blazing light” with a caring and nurturing spirit.
“She was completely outgoing and full of life. She always had a really big smile on her face. She had a contagious spirit. She could get along with everybody,” she said. “Everybody feels close to her, everybody was her best friend, everybody loved her. People really loved Shadina because she loved people.”
She added, “Sometimes not all bright lights can shine for a long time.”

Not to be cold but that's when keeping it real goes wrong.

Man done let his girl put a battery in his back and got him playing superhero and she got killed and he laying up in the hospital. What he was he supposed to do when he found the guy that allegedly grouped his girl, fight to the death?

If I ain't happened in my presence and my girl made it home safe, that's all that matters.

Women be sending their men out on a mission like they the Green Beret or some shit.

Man done let his girl put a battery in his back and got him playing superhero and she got killed and he laying up in the hospital. What he was he supposed to do when he found the guy that allegedly grouped his girl, fight to the death?

If I ain't happened in my presence and my girl made it home safe, that's all that matters.

Women be sending their men out on a mission like they the Green Beret or some shit.

Part of the purpose a man is supposed to play in his lady's life is to be a protector. I ain't going to say the man should have gone out there looking for a fight. His girl wasn't wrong to come to him and let him know what happened, and he wasn't wrong to go out there and try to nip it in the bud. For all we know, this killer was someone that's in the area frequently, and she was trying to avoid being harassed every day.

At this point, if some shit like this happens and you choose to address it, you better have a gun on you and be willing to kill because the person you going to see might be.

In a perfect world or at least a less shitty one, black people could turn to the police for situations like this, but you know...

Part of the purpose a man is supposed to play in his lady's life is to be a protector. I ain't going to say the man should have gone out there looking for a fight. His girl wasn't wrong to come to him and let him know what happened, and he wasn't wrong to go out there and try to nip it in the bud. For all we know, this killer was someone that's in the area frequently, and she was trying to avoid being harassed every day.

At this point, if some shit like this happens and you choose to address it, you better have a gun on you and be willing to kill because the person you going to see might be.

In a perfect world or at least a less shitty one, black people could turn to the police for situations like this, but you know...
I agree with this, too.

But....

You know what..

Nevermind.

Be a protector? Like I tell these young dudes all the time. You go out there trying to protect your woman, 9 times out of 10, you'll be dying or locked up over bullshit. No man is superman, no man is bulletproof. Anytime a man confronts another man over a woman, the fucking Grim Reaper is on standby and the police is waiting to see which stupid motherfucker is gonna be left standing to be locked up. There is no winning.

Countless of Black men have been killed over a woman. Countless of Black men been locked up over a woman. And the woman ain't gonna stay by your side while you locked up and she ain't gonna stay celibate while you dead.

If your girl made it home and told you so and so did so on and she is perfectly intact, you need to look her in the eye and tell her, "You made it home didn't you?"

A man break in your house, yeah, protect your house and your family. A fight breaks out, get your girl outta there. Shit that happens while you are present and there is immediate danger is something to respond to.

But, "So and so did so I want you to go get him."

Nah, I ain't nobody's crash dummy.

Last edited:

This some sucka shit. My wife should feel protected by me. If any nigga grab up on your girl, he basically saying fuck her and whoever she with. I'm def checkin any nigga that has the audacity to disrespect my wife. Not only as her protector but also as a man.

So like... your gf gets sexually assaulted coming into your building and you'd be like... "you still breathing, right? no harm no foul."?

Wow.

this shit is hilarious but the situation was all bad from jump....going back to the altercation was only going to turn one way

lets say he was an ABW poster and went out there w/ the whopper....ol boy was still gonna pop his shit....difference is now more people hurt or possibly dead

rest in peace to ol girl but do anybody think she was proud of how real her nigga was as she was dying?

im not blaming that man for standing up for his woman, the whole shit was just a loss as soon as they left back out

Back