Welcome To aBlackWeb

Happy Screw Day

First heard screw on master p compilations CD that I purchased. I was hooked from then on

I was in the 5th grade...had just moved to Lake Charles

ironically this is around the same time the weed found me

the track that got me.....mind blown in the back of my cousins lac (we was like 8 deep in that bitch)

First heard screw on master p compilations CD that I purchased. I was hooked from then on
man a dude i went to HS with was obsessed with this song and King George song off that soundtrack LMAO

I finally gave it a listen and was like "oh shit...it's hard to thank, when ya mind goes blank, said i just cant thank when my mind goes blank"

good times

I'm not really familiar with Chopped and Screwed music.

1. What is the difference between "chopped" and "screwed"? or is it the same thing?

2. Are you supposed to be on heroin to listen to it? or lean?

1. What is the difference between "chopped" and "screwed"? or is it the same thing?

they are one in the same

chopped is breaking up the lyrics and screwed is slowing it down to a crawl

while its not authentic screw...on T-Pains "chopped and screwed"...he says "you've officially been ch ch choppped and screeeewed...sc scr screwed up choo chooped and screeeeewed"

press play

"Screwed" is just slowed down....and the reason its called screwed is because of the originator, DJ Screw

"Chopping" is running the same track on both tables, but one slightly delayed....so when u switch back and forth you get the "double beat"

TAP TAP

aight.....no.....but it was created and listened to over lots of lean and fry in the beginning.....you dont HAVE to be on shit to listen to it tho

A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang, DITC, Gangstarr Foundation, Boot Camp Click and of course Nas, Jay, Pac & Big

Hook me up with a mixtape!

this aint 2002 buddy but ima drop some shit for you lol

(actual track starts around 6 mins)

giphy.gif

disclaimer: some of these youtube dj's aint really doing it justice....if you get time and start searching, look for ones done by Screw, Michael Watts (swishahouse), OG Ron C, Drobitussin, Pollie Pop is tight with the slow jams, Slim K straight

but you gone see a LOT of dj's trying this shit and it dont sound right

Back