Welcome To aBlackWeb

I finally watched the musical and I was beyond disgusted. The glorification of the racist genocidal slaveowners that were the "Founding Fathers" in this made me want to throw up. Making black actors dress and act like the same people who didn't even consider them fully human beings was abhorrent and ahistorical. There was once scene where Thomas Jefferson made a joke about Sally Hemings and I wanted to punch my TV screen. I'm not surprised white liberals and Blavity Blacks liked this racist garbage. Fuck Lin Manuel Miranda and I hope ALL the founding fathers are rotting in hell.

I wouldn't call it racist, but it is stupid. We need less revisionist history. We don't need to make it even more mainstream.

ROFL,

I never heard this take before.

I actually wanted to see it, cuz I thought it was good.... But shit....I ain't know it was some shit like that

I’m completely uninformed on this tbh but I’m reading tea leaves. Haven’t even watched a trailer. I need somebody to actually watch so I know if I’m wrong lol.
I just keep an ear out for black musicals and kept hearing about it....

Everyone said it was amazing... But it was just shit I was seeing online. Never had one real conversation about it.

This the first time I heard it was on some coon shit...I thought it painted black folk in a good light

I just keep an ear out for black musicals and kept hearing about it....

Everyone said it was amazing... But it was just shit I was seeing online. Never had one real conversation about it.

This the first time I heard it was on some coon shit...I thought it painted black folk in a good light

Go head and watch it bruh I’d love to be wrong

I might later.......I dunno bruh...

I'm listening to wynton marsailas with the Lincoln center orchestra right now.... It's a whole mood...I don't wanna fuck the night up

I’ve refused to watch it all these years. Glad to know I was right to do so.

Back