• H.O.F.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • F.O.H.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#1hiphopjunki3

Go Spurs Go!!
Folks chose to see what they wanted — or, in his case, didn’t want — to see during his 16-year NBA career. But Marion knew he was more than a catchy nickname with an unorthodox game. “I left a great imprint on the game and I’m at peace,” Marion said in a recent interview with The Athletic

I think the legacy I left for the game is there. But who is it to decide? Who is making the decisions? What do they base it off of. If you look at all the numbers, to me, I should be a shoo-in. Should I not?” Marion asked. “What am I supposed to do? What am I not supposed to do? It’s out of my control. I know it’s a political thing. It’s a lot more other stuff going on. But certain things, you earn that. I earned that.”

“I’m a big (reason) why the game is what it is today.
And I can walk out of my house and hold my head held high and talk about this game, because I know what I was able to do on this floor. What I was able to do is the model of what everybody is trying to do right now,” said Marion, now a board member of the National Basketball Retired Players Association. “Everybody is trying to find somebody to do everything that I was able to do. Which they ain’t been successful. But they’ve found some bits and pieces to do some stuff

“You sit there and telling me what I should be known for, giving me credit for, which I respect but at the same time, where is the real validation from that?” Marion asked. “Think about it, though. I never made an all-defensive team. I never was defensive player of the year, which I should have been, couple years, honestly. Defensive player of the year, possibly, I should’ve been, maybe once or twice in my career. But I didn’t get that. All defensive team? I definitely should’ve been all-defensive team, four or five years, easily. Why is that?”

Very solid player who’s production was severely underrated but after Phoenix he was in Miami, Toronto, Dallas, and Cleveland and anything he did individually after Phoenix was forgettable

but he’s a 4x all star and 2 time all nba player and his stats in Phoenix are better than Rasheed Wallace’s in his prime but the pace in Phoenix was diff...

he also has a ring as a decent role player

on the fence for now but I’m leaning towards no

Even in his prime he was a third option
He anchored their defense at the SF position. That’s impressive. Not to mention chipping in 18 ppg, 7-8 rebounds per game and doing the dirty work, guarding the best perimeter player and sometimes guarding bigs, I see why he was salty.

He anchored their defense at the SF position. That’s impressive. Not to mention chipping in 18 ppg, 7-8 rebounds per game and doing the dirty work, guarding the best perimeter player and sometimes guarding bigs, I see why he was salty.

There are hundreds of “impressive” players that aren’t HOF worthy

They need a NBA VIP section in the HOF where only the elite players are invited in.
Truth to this.

How the fuck T-Mac, Ardvis Sabonis, Yao, Grant Hill, or Ralph Samson got in confuses the fuck outta me.

Back