Welcome To aBlackWeb

Grandmothers.. let’s give em some love

grYmes

The price of a brick goin up…
Its been a crazy few months for me. In March I buried my grandmother from my dads side. She always showed me love & it’s unfortunate I didn’t see her much after I left home. My wife’s grandmother past about two weeks ago & we just did her funeral. Now my maternal grandmother, who’s was basically my world when I was little looks like her time is coming. Hopefully it’s not for a while but just coming to grips with it is still difficult. I choose to think of her at her best when I was young.

-Thanks to her I got into Alex Hailey books real heavy & black literature in general.

-She stayed watching the Price is Right & the soaps everyday. Had my ass watching them too. She always talked shit about the contestants & Bob Barker. Funny as fuck.

-Her cooking is A1. You name it she can throw down. Fuck a foot she put her ankle in it. Martins mamas biscuits ain’t got shit on my grandmas.

-Hippest grandma ever I dare a nigga to challenge me on that. Only woman over 70 I know who asks “that Nas was a nice young boy, how come he don’t release albums anymore?” Lol

I got a lot more shit to say but I’ll save it till later. What’s some of y’all fondest memories of your grandmas?

My grandma was an alcoholic.

She woke up and went to sleep with Budweiser. Would even invite the homeless wine-os up to her apt to kick it.

She was at her happiest sippin Bud while watching Jerry Springer.

She would get all into it and put her hands in the air and chant "JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!"

Shout out to all the grandmothers on ABW

I lost both my Granny’s at a early age back in Middle School ... Cherish all the time with you’re family,life is way too short.

I love my grandmother man. Shes had such a hard life. She worries about everyone in the fam and put their needs in front of hers, even at almost 70.

Last edited:
My sister graduated with her masters this weekend so flew into DC and saw both my grannys.

There both so different. My moms mother don't drink hardly barely curses is on the senior deacon board at church.

My dad's mom curses, drinks did smoke cigarettes until her accident 4 years ago. She was hit by a car walking across the street. Broke her ribs pelvis they had to ambute her leg and was life support for months but somehow survived.

Man we played poker and bidwist all weekend. Even my mom mother got a little drunk.

Enjoyed the hell outta this weekend.

I wish I had more of a grandfather presence growing up to.

My dads father died of a stroke when my dad was 12. Crazy cuz myself both of my sisters cousins all my dads brothers and sisters look like him.

My mos father and mother been divorce for 30 years and he's always been around for birthdays graduations holidays etc but he never really raised us like my moms mother.

My grandmama on my Dad's side was 92 I think when she passed.

Never had the honor of knowing my other grandmama on my mama's side. She passed when my mama was little.

S/o to my grandmamas.

S/O to the Grandmothers / Grandfathers too!
Lost my pops mom in 2001 my Grams in 2006. My GreatGrams still talkin shit and sipping wine daily!!! Much love to mine and yours, I know how it feel to have and had! Cherish the moments now...PLEASE!!!

My grandma was fucking crazy. It's so weird how she changed. She had my mom when she was 17. Ended up marrying dude but they got divorced in her 20s. Moved all over the country but basically dropped my mom off at my great grandparents house when mom was 12 and my mom has been on her own ever since. My grandma did finally meet the man I call my grandpa when she was in her 30s though and settled down in anchorage and reconnected with my mom a bit before I was born.

It's just so weird to me because since I was a kid, my grandma has always been the sweetest and calmest lady I have ever met. I've only seen her angry like twice in my life and it terrified me. Now that I'm older and she's older and putting up with a lot more she's not so sweet, but she's still a nice lady. It's just mind blowing to me hearing about her younger days, she was fucking nuts. But I guess it was a different time back then. My mom was pretty crazy in her younger days and I guess comparing to their stories I'm pretty goddamn wild too I just don't have any kids.

Shout out to @Reesey
I'd take some of her strawberry candy
latest

Back