Welcome To aBlackWeb

@ Goldie, How About Continuing Ego Trip's Book Of Rap Lists?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
If you click the link below;

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/ego_trip_page1.htm

Ego Trip was a magazine, but in 1999 they put out a book called Ego Trip's Book of Rap Lists. In it, they listed the top 40 songs from every year from 1979-1998, the year before the book was published (they only listed the top 15 songs from 1979, as the internet didn't have the depth that it has now). *

In any case, it's been 20 years since Ego Trip's Book Of Rap Lists came out. Let's do a top 40 rap songs from 1999-2018.

Also, I have all the songs/mp3s they listed from 79-98 on my hard drive. It's something every rap fan should have. There's a lot of songs that you didn't know existed, and everybody has different taste so there's bound to be some songs that were popular in one region but people in another region aren't familiar with the song.

*They left a few songs out, most notably If I Ruled The World and Hail Mary

I'm down. We'll just have to come up with a system to narrow it down to 40 songs most of us will agree with.

Well, you could have everybody nominate 10 songs from every year, then the songs with the most nominations make the list for that year.

Ego Trip's list went from 1979-1998

Edit. On a side note, how about adding 5-10 songs that Ego Trip left out from each year. They left out If I Ruled The World and Hail Mary. I'm sure there's a few more songs they left out.

It's up to yall. If yall wanna cover the 90s we can.

Back