Welcome To aBlackWeb

Going to school in bad weather ain't the flex we think it is.

Off topic but also on topic about how America treats kids.

I read an article that compared parenting in the US vs Europe.

Basically the article said parents in the US have to balance making an income, giving their kids adequate health care, giving their kids a good education, and parenting all at the same time.

If any one of these slips, your kids are in danger.

Looking at the advanced countries, this makes parenting in America much more difficult than europe.

It broke it down to in American society, we're condition to believe a kid having health care and equal education the responsibility of the parent. In Europe only providing more than the neccesity and parenting are seen as as the responsibility of the parent.

It was a good, eye opening article.

Aight, so...you gonna link to this fucking super interesting sounding article or na? You fucking degenerate.

Bruh, 1,000's of children relying on public transportation exposed to severe weather we knew about in advance is neglect at the very least. which is a form of abuse.

Lotta y'all rode them yellow buses, or had parents picking y'all up. Catching 2-3 crowded public busses, with working adults, having to walk miles in snow or rain bcuz of unreliable public transportation breaking down, and mechanics being unable to dispatch because of a storm we knew well in advance about is a horrible decision.

We went to school in a lotta shit that made no sense to send kids to school in. People really confusing survival with acceptance

When we moved to Detroit me and my sisters walked to and from school no matter what, a mile and a half in either direction. There were no yellow buses and my parents didn't take us there outside of the first day of school after we moved to Tha D. When I started high school I had to take public transportation either the whole way or half of the way (the elementary/middle school was on the way so I was used to the walk already). Snow or rain didn't bother us 'cause this was the environment we grew up in. You don't grow up in Michigan afraid of snow or rain, you can't. And where I was born is further north so winters there could be particularly harsh.

Sounds to me like it more of a failure to provide adequate transportation for the kids than the weather conditions itself. TBH, no elementary kids should be on public transportation, there should be school buses provided by the district. Where I live now I know there's certain times of day to avoid coming or going 'cause of all the school busses coming through in my neighborhood making you stop while they're loading or unloading kids. That's how it should be pretty much everywhere.

It’s not that many people going miles to school. 2-3 miles max.

But my take is it’s not that big of deal. When the weather is bad kids stay home or sometimes go to school.

I did it sometimes. Hard rain , yea I still sent to school more often than not. And when I did it never was no “abuse” shit.

You’re being extreme using that term IMO
I don't disagree with your posts in here but when a poster from east/Midwest/up north talks about school closures it's usually over a foot of snow and sub zero temps, and probably no plowing/shoveling done on residential streets

Idk what kinda rain y'all get considering u have hurricanes, but rain never stopped anybody in the areas I mentioned

I don't disagree with your posts in here but when a poster from east/Midwest/up north talks about school closures it's usually over a foot of snow and sub zero temps, and probably no plowing/shoveling done on residential streets

Idk what kinda rain y'all get considering u have hurricanes, but rain never stopped anybody in the areas I mentioned

All of this.

It had to be a serious ass blizzard and/or less than 0 temps before we got closures.

All of this.

It had to be a serious ass blizzard and/or less than 0 temps before we got closures.
To be honest, y’all are equipped for that type of weather.

Down here if it’s really cold like 20 degrees shit shut down and y’all would be in this same weather and still can go about your day like it’s 75 outside.

Folks in Southern Louisiana and Florida can treat really bad rain like it’s nothing.

UK folks treat 98 degree weather like it’s 150 out.

Yall play in snow. We don’t leave out room when it’s like that lol

To be honest, y’all are equipped for that type of weather.

Down here if it’s really cold like 20 degrees shit shut down and y’all would be in this same weather and still can go about your day like it’s 75 outside.

Folks in Southern Louisiana and Florida can treat really bad rain like it’s nothing.

UK folks treat 98 degree weather like it’s 150 out.

Yall play in snow. We don’t leave out room when it’s like that lol
One thing I know is people think they can drive in the rain when they really can't lol

Back