Welcome To aBlackWeb

Going to school in bad weather ain't the flex we think it is.

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim šŸ§
Mod Squad
They failed us.
This was a 100% horrible decision.

Any time there's a news alert saying stay indoors. Do not come out if you have to. There's heavy rain and wind, there's snow, there's any type of weather advisory that calls for only emergency vehicles should be on the road..... Children should not be in fuckin school.

Like mad people are mad they closing schools for rain. And I'm like... That's the right decision. Especially public schools, where 1,000's of children are using public transportation.

Over crowded buses break down regularly in nice weather... In storms that we are know coming... We shouldnt even question it.

I distinctively remember seeing 100+ kids on a corner in a damn hurricane waiting for a bus cuz their bus broke down, and every bus that past was packed beyond capacity.

I remember leaving school at 3 am getting home at 8 cuz I had to catch 3 busses in snow
With no cell phone. Yeah I survived.... But naw... That shit ain't cool. They was wrong for that shit. When they close public schools for a coastal flood warning. That shit makes a lot of sense to me. I picked mines up soon as the rain started. We in the house safe...

If this shit gets really bad, I feel for everybody that gets caught in that mess. I ain't gonna make fun of the kids for not being tough....

They was wrong as shit for that in the 70's 80's 90's.... Shit wasn't cool at all

They failed us.
This was a 100% horrible decision.

Any time there's a news alert saying stay indoors. Do not come out if you have to. There's heavy rain and wind, there's snow, there's any type of weather advisory that calls for only emergency vehicles should be on the road..... Children should not be in fuckin school.

Like mad people are mad they closing schools for rain. And I'm like... That's the right decision. Especially public schools, where 1,000's of children are using public transportation.

Over crowded buses break down regularly in nice weather... In storms that we are know coming... We shouldnt even question it.

I distinctively remember seeing 100+ kids on a corner in a damn hurricane waiting for a bus cuz their bus broke down, and every bus that past was packed beyond capacity.

I remember leaving school at 3 am getting home at 8 cuz I had to catch 3 busses in snow
With no cell phone. Yeah I survived.... But naw... That shit ain't cool. They was wrong for that shit. When they close public schools for a coastal flood warning. That shit makes a lot of sense to me. I picked mines up soon as the rain started. We in the house safe...

If this shit gets really bad, I feel for everybody that gets caught in that mess. I ain't gonna make fun of the kids for not being tough....

They was wrong as shit for that in the 70's 80's 90's.... Shit wasn't cool at all
Off topic but also on topic about how America treats kids.

I read an article that compared parenting in the US vs Europe.

Basically the article said parents in the US have to balance making an income, giving their kids adequate health care, giving their kids a good education, and parenting all at the same time.

If any one of these slips, your kids are in danger.

Looking at the advanced countries, this makes parenting in America much more difficult than europe.

It broke it down to in American society, we're condition to believe a kid having health care and equal education the responsibility of the parent. In Europe only providing more than the neccesity and parenting are seen as as the responsibility of the parent.

It was a good, eye opening article.

Fuck that, it builds strength, resiliency, your immune system, and character. That's why kids are weak, fragile, blobs of moving dna these days.

View attachment 1245369
Bruh, that shit was flat out abuse.

Niggaz was under 14, no cell phone, outside in unreliable public transportation. Walking thru unfamiliar neighborhoods all cuz they didn't make the decision to keep us home for a storm the knew was coming. The on the news saying NOBODY should be outside. Yet it's cool for the kids?

It definitely built character and toughness for the kids..... But that shit was not a smart decision by the adults.

I was wondering why schools were doing early dismissal today in pg county. I was surprised it was for rain. Dont think I seen that before. I have no kids so I have not say on this.

Off topic but also on topic about how America treats kids.

I read an article that compared parenting in the US vs Europe.

Basically the article said parents in the US have to balance making an income, giving their kids adequate health care, giving their kids a good education, and parenting all at the same time.

If any one of these slips, your kids are in danger.

Looking at the advanced countries, this makes parenting in America much more difficult than europe.

It broke it down to in American society, we're condition to believe a kid having health care and equal education the responsibility of the parent. In Europe only providing more than the neccesity and parenting are seen as as the responsibility of the parent.

It was a good, eye opening article.
We really think our need to suffer

I was wondering why schools were doing early dismissal today in pg county. I was surprised it was for rain. Dont think I seen that before. I have no kids so I have not say on this.
Bruh, they calling for costal flooding. They are anticipating downed power lines, road closures, and an emergency situation... There's no reason children should be out in this if at all avoidable.

Bruh, that shit was flat out abuse.

Niggaz was under 14, no cell phone, outside in unreliable public transportation. Walking thru unfamiliar neighborhoods all cuz they didn't make the decision to keep us home for a storm the knew was coming. The on the news saying NOBODY should be outside. Yet it's cool for the kids?

It definitely built character and toughness for the kids..... But that shit was not a smart decision by the adults.

I was just joking with some of that, but I would still hesitate to call it abuse. Ultimately, the parent still has the ability to keep their child at home if they deem it necessary.

We really think our need to suffer
It always comes down to America working for corporations and not its citizens.

Even all this school closure stuff. Cant close schools cause then we'll have to close businesses. Cant close businesses cause if someone doesnt get paid for 1 day, theyll fall behind cause so many folks live pay check to pay check.

All this cause we have no protection for workers. All the protection is for corps.

Capatilism is good. But everything is bad in the extreme. And america is hyper capatilist to the point we send our kids to school after declaring a national emergency cause sales need to be made.

I remember they had us in school and it was -3 degrees outside. Nobody should be outside when it's that cold out

Detroit Public Schools used to keep the schools open down to 0. If it went less than 0 then shit was closed. I remember making the trek all the wat to my high school when it was -1 out only to get there and the shit was closed. They closed it while I was on the freight on my way there.

I remember they had us in school and it was -3 degrees outside. Nobody should be outside when it's that cold out
Detroit Public Schools used to keep the schools open down to 0. If it went less than 0 then shit was closed. I remember making the trek all the wat to my high school when it was -1 out only to get there and the shit was closed. They closed it while I was on the freight on my way there.
All the adults who sent children out in shit like that should be ashamed of themselves

I was thinking about it last night when I saw my area canceled school because of the upcoming storm that happened overnight (though it really wasn't bad)

So what happens when the bad weather is more than a day? Kid missing that much school?

I was thinking about it last night when I saw my area canceled school because of the upcoming storm that happened overnight (though it really wasn't bad)

So what happens when the bad weather is more than a day? Kid missing that much school?
Virtual classes like it was during the lock down

not a big deal to me.

Definitely not abuse at all.

Cant just be throwing that word out there like that
Bruh, 1,000's of children relying on public transportation exposed to severe weather we knew about in advance is neglect at the very least. which is a form of abuse.

Lotta y'all rode them yellow buses, or had parents picking y'all up. Catching 2-3 crowded public busses, with working adults, having to walk miles in snow or rain bcuz of unreliable public transportation breaking down, and mechanics being unable to dispatch because of a storm we knew well in advance about is a horrible decision.

We went to school in a lotta shit that made no sense to send kids to school in. People really confusing survival with acceptance

Lol thread made me think of those bus drivers. They didn't give a shit what type of weather it was or what fucked up road they was on. Just floored it lol

Bruh, 1,000's of children relying on public transportation exposed to severe weather we knew about in advance is neglect at the very least. which is a form of abuse.

Lotta y'all rode them yellow buses, or had parents picking y'all up. Catching 2-3 crowded public busses, with working adults, having to walk miles in snow or rain bcuz of unreliable public transportation breaking down, and mechanics being unable to dispatch because of a storm we knew well in advance about is a horrible decision.

We went to school in a lotta shit that made no sense to send kids to school in. People really confusing survival with acceptance
Itā€™s not that many people going miles to school. 2-3 miles max.

But my take is itā€™s not that big of deal. When the weather is bad kids stay home or sometimes go to school.

I did it sometimes. Hard rain , yea I still sent to school more often than not. And when I did it never was no ā€œabuseā€ shit.

Youā€™re being extreme using that term IMO

Back