Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goat Song of 91 Tournament Preliminaries

I know people love 2Pac, but he shouldn't be in the tournament because people will vote for him simply because he's 2Pac.

And if we're gonna keep it 100 none of his music from 1991 could be considered "The GOAT song"

What kinda faggot ass shit is this?

full

Ed OG and Da Bulldogs - Be A Father To Your Child
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother
CMW - Growin Up In The Hood
Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)

I wanted to include this one:
Eric B and Rakim - "Know The Ledge"

It was released on December 31st, 1991 on the "Juice" Soundtrack BUT it was also released on Eric B and Rakim's album "Don't Sweat the Technique" in '92.

So "Brenda's Got A Baby" doesn't deserve a nomination?...

:cont:

Thats the problem.

I'm sure we all agree that Brenda's Got A Baby isn't the best song from 1991, but people will vote for it anyway because its 2Pac.

Brenda's Got A Baby will knock off other songs that have a real chance of winning.

Don't Curse - Heavy D feat Kool G Rap, Grand Puba, Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip and whoever else was on that song.

It was actually a pretty decent posse jam if you consider there were no curses.

This nigga @5 Grand must've got raped again, nigga came back to the site extra spicy after being gone for a month

DJ Quik - Tonite
DJ Quik - Born And Raised In Compton
2Pac - Souljas Story
2Pac - Violent
AMG - Bitch Betta Have My Money

Gang Starr had an album in 1991

Just To Get A Rep was dope but there were other songs on the album. Check The Technique and Lovesick were dope too but you could just put Just To Get A Rep.

Thats the problem.

I'm sure we all agree that Brenda's Got A Baby isn't the best song from 1991, but people will vote for it anyway because its 2Pac.

Brenda's Got A Baby will knock off other songs that have a real chance of winning.

gotta cosign this. The monster cut of '91 was, IMO, "The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)" That shit was everything that year. Couldn't go anywhere without hearing that joint. Pac stans would likely say otherwise, but most of 'em wasn't really old enough to understand the impact of some of these songs. I was 19 that year with a car with some hump in it. Pac got noooooooooooo play in the ride back then. You wasn't gettin digits with Pac playin, the hoes didn't want to hear it on the way to the movies, dinner, or the motel. That shit was strictly bedroom or headphones shits, at least around my way.

Fellas, I formally request added spots for this particular tournament. I think that I speak for everyone here...Lol.

Along with the original number allotted by our tireless and hardworking moderator team....We have to include a few songs by 2Pac, a few songs off NWA nigga4life album, Naughty By Nature’s classic OPP, a few songs by DJ Quik and AMG, JAzzy Jeff and Fresh Prince Summertime, a couple songs from Cypress Hill album, Scarface A minute To Pray A Second To Die, 2nd II None If You Want It, and a few songs from the Juice soundtrack. All of those are literally hip hop classics.

Last edited:
Fellas, I formally request added spots for this particular tournament. I think that I speak for everyone here...Lol.

Along with the original number allotted by our tireless and hardworking moderator team....We have to include a few songs by 2Pac, a few songs off NWA nigga4life album, Naughty By Nature’s classic OPP, a few songs by DJ Quik and AMG, JAzzy Jeff and Fresh Prince Summertime, a couple songs from Cypress Hill album, Scarface A minute To Pray A Second To Die, 2nd II None If You Want It, and a few songs from the Juice soundtrack. All of those are literally hip hop classics.
I’m open to increasing the number of songs

Just read the entire first page and some of the songs that I thought were left out are actually included already...Lol

Back